• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    So back when my wife was shopping for a off duty weapon she couldnt decide which 239 she wanted. This one and one with a rainbow type metal finish( only way I can describe it). Being the impulsive buyer that she is she bought both of them. They are both 40 cal and at the time the 239 was one of only a few approved off duty carry options in her department.

So now that this two tone just sits in the safe collecting dust I decided I was going to take it over and work it into my carry rotation.

All I can say is this iron shoots! I have big hands but it fits well. It’s a bit on the heavy side but it’s not as snappy as my g23. Only issue I was having occasionally was the slide not locking back on empty but I’m pretty sure it’s my grip hitting the slide release lever.

I used to think the mag capacity was a set back but I’m realizing that 7 accurately placed rounds would be more than I’ll ever need. I looked into picking up some spare mags but I can’t seem to find any anywhere.

Maybe a set of night sights in the future but over all I’m really impressed with this piece.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 112

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I love Sigs.

With that said I would never never give up carrying 6 rounds in a G23 to carry the equally burdensome P239.

Yes 7 well placed rounds *should* be enough...if they are in fact well placed and there's only one person. It's not a perfect world and 13 chances are much better than 7.

The Sig doesn't save weight and isn't that much smaller than a G23. Something like the Sig 365 does intrigue me though with ten rounds in a much smaller platform.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I love Sigs.

With that said I would never never give up carrying 6 rounds in a G23 to carry the equally burdensome P239.

Yes 7 well placed rounds *should* be enough...if they are in fact well placed and there's only one person. It's not a perfect world and 13 chances are much better than 7.

The Sig doesn't save weight and isn't that much smaller than a G23. Something like the Sig 365 does intrigue me though with ten rounds in a much smaller platform.

I agree. Except for the grip being a bit slimmer on the 239 they are both about equal in dimensions.

I don’t have much of a problem concealing the glock in winter clothes but I am going to look for something a little smaller for summer wear.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I LOVE Sigs. I have put more rounds(Hundreds of thousands) through Sigs than any one here on the forum. I have carried different versions of Sig more than any one here on the forum.The P239 is a great gun. The Glock 23 is a more burdenesome, thick ass carry fairytale gun non shooters love to gloat about. No one here can legitimately say a thicker sub compact gun (G23, et al...)is easier to carry than a slimmer gun(read P239). There's just no argument.

My service issue gun was a P229. I carried that MANY years. I swapped to a P239 because my lard ass wanted to conceal a smaller gun. "You carry more than you use it" was the mantra. What I found was that it wasn't a true "combat" gun for me. Our training was of the variety shooting hundreds of rounds each range day. That didn't work for me. I also kept pinching my palm doing mag exchange with that single stack metal mag. I went back to a P229.

Hindsight being 20/20..... an everyday conceal carry gun is MUCH different than an everyday conceal carry getintoagunfightwithaterroristonaplane-gun.
    The P239 is a much more superior conceal carry gun than any Glock would be for a novice. It's easier held, has a hammer they can feel , and gives a novice the sense of safety with a decocker and DA/SA ability for later shooting experience.

All that being said..... my everyday carry pistol is a G43. Slim and a no brainer. But Glock doesn't scare me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom