• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/05/03/law-tactical-ar-15-folding-stock-adapter/#comments

Very interesting... Obviously, one should not fire while in the folded position. If you look carefully at the pics, it appears that there is some kind of bolt lock that engages when the stock is folded. This prevents the obvious problem of a bolt embedding in the shooter if fired while folded... rendering the rifle a single shot affair. I wonder whether firing the gun in this manner risks harming the gas system.

If I were building something like this, I would be inclined to include a whole new bolt carrier that also incorporates a firing pin safety that is disengaged when unfolded... seems relatively simple to design.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    For one, you don't have the buffer and the buffer spring to slow down the bolt as it moves backward, so it would slam into the edge of the receiver frame, possibly damaging parts of the BCG. Not to mention the possibility of it hitting the shooter.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    For one, you don't have the buffer and the buffer spring to slow down the bolt as it moves backward, so it would slam into the edge of the receiver frame, possibly damaging parts of the BCG. Not to mention the possibility of it hitting the shooter.

Looks like there is a bolt lock to prevent this.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I have one of these, the only problem I have had with it is the bolt extension did not fit into my bolt carrier. But Law Tactical has great customer service and I will be sending them my bolt carrier and extension back to them and they are going to mill the extension to fit my bolt. I haven't sent it back to them yet but as soon as I do and get it back I will let you guys know how I like it.

Also, if anyone is interested in getting one im also a re seller for them.

Vendicator

Nov 5, 2010
    This doesn't appeal to me a whole lot. I Think if you have a folding stock on a rifle, you should be able to fire it while it is folded. Granted rarely would most people need it for a SHTF scenario - but if it ever happens, seconds count. You can't ask someone to hold on an extra 2 seconds so you can unfold the stock!

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    This doesn't appeal to me a whole lot. I Think if you have a folding stock on a rifle, you should be able to fire it while it is folded. Granted rarely would most people need it for a SHTF scenario - but if it ever happens, seconds count. You can't ask someone to hold on an extra 2 seconds so you can unfold the stock!

I completely agree with this. The only benefit I see to this is that it takes up less room in storage / fits in a smaller case or range bag. I don't think its worth the trouble of having to send my bolt carrier out to be remilled just so it will work.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I am only sending it back to them cause it was close to 200 bucks and i want it to work so i didn't waste the money.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom