• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    As someone mentioned, Shydas has plenty of primers, but like most online places, all pistol and small rifle. Prices are just below online and some have qty. limits. They had a ton of Cheddite SG primers sitting on the shelf. No large rifle or mag large rifle which are
    the unicorns these days.

Powder is decent. I saw 1lb jugs of Varget for $40, they had Accurate 5, 7, 9 pistol powder, and they had 8lb jugs of Reloader 33 for $333. All in all the prices have come up to market, where in the past they were beating most online prices and even the sales tax was a good deal with no shipping or hazmat. Not so much now.

I mentioned in another thread that they've redesigned the building layout. The clothing and used gun store on the 2nd floor is now all Shotgun ammo and all Reloading. It looked like Cosco/BJs with rows and rows of shotgun ammo cases and hulls/wads/shot filling
    out around the parameter. I'm not in the market for pistol/rifle bullets so I didn't look
    too hard, but it seemed well stocked. I'm rebuilding an old MEC Grabber 716r shotgun
    press and they had all the parts I needed in stock..

The 3rd floor area is all the remaining clothing/outdoor, and all the new/used firearms
    are all there. Pistol and rifle ammo is still there under the long guns along the wall, as
    well as the mags, holsters, etc. as they were..

Well worth a visit after the last few covid trips I took up and came home emtpy handed.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I'm hoping to get up to Shydas again next week if anyone would like me to look for anything. I know I'm probably as far from some MDS members as Shydas is, but I'll throw out the offer if anyone wants to pickup in Cecil instead of traveling to Lebanon.

Searching their web site for availability seems to work for the most part.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    32AEA113-9D6B-4091-B422-E9CCFC850892.jpeg
    8C7D2BE0-39E9-49AC-995D-89702311D233.jpeg
    7869C3A2-BCB7-43A3-B78B-01C2BA5D35DA.jpeg
    494F9AC1-F6B7-49E2-8BCE-BF1CB6920E84.jpeg
    2E35E1EB-EB48-4208-9749-E53F09B58D5D.jpeg

EF364955-266B-4768-A875-4CF6F38BFF4D.jpeg

Shydas powder stock. Primer stocks were down, no LR or SP, but plenty of others. I picked up some more used Rem Nitro Gold hulls and a pack of Fed “HOA” hulls the clerk was excited about

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Hit Shyda's today. Last time I was there the third floor was the only part open and came away extremely disappointed.

A couple of guys from my club went last Friday and gave a good report, so I took another shot.

Bought a double Speedloader Case, to replace one lost in the move.

Case of claybuster wads for $110. That about $3/bag cheaper than what I've been paying locally.

4 bags of #8 shot @$49/bag. That's $4/bag less than local.

Case of Winchester Valor 12ga. 1 1/8th ounce #8s shells for $90/case.

So, the $70ish savings made the 90 minute ride fairly worth it. Then headed south about 30-45 minutes for Surf and Turf night at Shady Maple Smorgasbord!!! Definitely worth the trip and the $$s

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Planning another trip for tomorrow to check out their powder stock. If anyone has any specific needs, feel free to msg me if you can pickup from me later at a reasonable distance from Cecil..

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    So apparently Shydas keeps their inventory up to date on just about everything except Primers.. :eek:

They had 3 brands of Magnum Large Rifle primers, 4 flavors of Large Rifle (cases of each), and just about every flavor of every other type. They had pallets of cases (5000) of Win sale primers (3K limit) and Rem 7-1/2 and shotgun primers. No CCI450 (MSRP) oddly.. I have a couple of friends looking for Federal Match MLRP and they are still unicorns, even at Shydas..

Most primers were $75-$80 per brick plus tax

The one interesting thing the main guy in the reloading section said, was that if you called and they had something you were looking for, they would gladly hold it for 24hrs so you could get up there if traveling a distance.. Very Cool.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    The parking lot was full when I was there today. I picked up a brick of Winchester Large Rifle primers and some flip top storage boxes. Left there and went to Richland Shooters Supply and picked up a pound of Hodgdon CFE223.

So apparently Shydas keeps their inventory up to date on just about everything except Primers.. :eek:

They had 3 brands of Magnum Large Rifle primers, 4 flavors of Large Rifle (cases of each), and just about every flavor of every other type. They had pallets of cases (5000) of Win sale primers (3K limit) and Rem 7-1/2 and shotgun primers. No CCI450 (MSRP) oddly.. I have a couple of friends looking for Federal Match MLRP and they are still unicorns, even at Shydas..

Most primers were $75-$80 per brick plus tax

The one interesting thing the main guy in the reloading section said, was that if you called and they had something you were looking for, they would gladly hold it for 24hrs so you could get up there if traveling a distance.. Very Cool.
    Federal 215?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom