• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Lightening Elite OTF .....Suh-weet!

I did put a little grip tape on it though.

Attachments

• Lightening Elite OTF.PNG
      Lightening Elite OTF.PNG
      21.4 KB · Views: 103

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't find may of their models visually appealing either. They tend to hit homeruns with me on the models that are outside of their usual design box. The blade is definitely nice and thick as is the overall knife. Below is a width comparison with a BM mini-bugout. I wasn't aware of the auto version until now, but good to know it's out there.

View attachment 365534
    Thanks for the photo; it makes the blade comparison pretty graphic.

I like a hefty blade myself. I have a few OTF autos, but many of them seem rather delicate.The Microtech Combat Trodoon and HALO blades get my approval, though a single-action automatic like the HALO is too awkward for real use, IMO.

The major problem I have with this Spyderco knife is that damned liner lock. Not only does it bleed me on closing - unless I take great pains, I get great pains - but it always worries me that it'll fail to keep the blade locked in vigorous use, putting my digits at risk.

So my mainstay carry blades have been Benchmades with their Axis Lock; it's hard to imaging that it could be improved upon, and if you choose the right configuration, they can be opened as fast as any automatic.

Doesn't negate the pleasing aspects of your new knife, though. A fine, sturdy and even elegant knife.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    The blade action is nice and it's really light weight. So light in fact you'll forget you have it in your pocket. Hopefully I won't make some upset with me for saying this but to me the CF elite feels cheap.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    Please tell me about the katanas. Looking to get one.
    I really wish I had the information or knowledge to tell you more about them. I have a friend who knows a little about them and is actually pretty good at using them. He gave me two of them when he had his first kid and the center one I purchased off of ebay probably six years ago for $300.00. It came very sharp. So sharp in fact when I first got it and realized that I would end up in the emergency room I didn't touch it again for a couple of months.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Lightening Elite OTF .....Suh-weet!

I did put a little grip tape on it though.
    Got me one of those too, I paid like the $10 extra and got some sort of "better" version. Honestly not much difference between it and the "cheapest" version (which I bought some of too, then gave away). Overall, it's a perfect daily care beat around knife. If I lose it, no fuqs given. Always gets some looks though when I pull my knife out to cut something

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Got me one of those too, I paid like the $10 extra and got some sort of "better" version. Honestly not much difference between it and the "cheapest" version (which I bought some of too, then gave away). Overall, it's a perfect daily care beat around knife. If I lose it, no fuqs given. Always gets some looks though when I pull my knife out to cut something
    :thumbsup:

This is like the knife Brian Cox used to open the vodka in R.E.D.

It is an awesome $30 OTF knife.

Oh, and I'M Hibs!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    It sure is. The action is much better and it doesn’t feel as cheap. To be honest it would be a great carry knife if it had a pocket clip.
    It would be a great carry knife. One that wouldn't spook the nervous public when open like some auto knives would. I really like mine.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I wanting a “ZT” Zero Tolerance knife since I first saw them, but like most things I like they were out of my price range. This weekend I got Two Speed Safe S30V Ken Onion design, a 0350SW and a 0350SWCF at an Estate sale. Both are razor sharp, smooth opening and lock solid like a fixed bade. Got them for less than a good steak dinner. Now I'm on the lookout for the lost Benchmade!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      280.5 KB · Views: 87
    • 1a.jpg
      1a.jpg
      261.4 KB · Views: 88
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      266.1 KB · Views: 79
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg