• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Lightening Elite OTF .....Suh-weet!

I did put a little grip tape on it though.

Attachments

• Lightening Elite OTF.PNG
      Lightening Elite OTF.PNG
      69.7 KB · Views: 22

Bob A

MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't find may of their models visually appealing either. They tend to hit homeruns with me on the models that are outside of their usual design box. The blade is definitely nice and thick as is the overall knife. Below is a width comparison with a BM mini-bugout. I wasn't aware of the auto version until now, but good to know it's out there.

View attachment 365534
    Thanks for the photo; it makes the blade comparison pretty graphic.

I like a hefty blade myself. I have a few OTF autos, but many of them seem rather delicate.The Microtech Combat Trodoon and HALO blades get my approval, though a single-action automatic like the HALO is too awkward for real use, IMO.

The major problem I have with this Spyderco knife is that damned liner lock. Not only does it bleed me on closing - unless I take great pains, I get great pains - but it always worries me that it'll fail to keep the blade locked in vigorous use, putting my digits at risk.

So my mainstay carry blades have been Benchmades with their Axis Lock; it's hard to imaging that it could be improved upon, and if you choose the right configuration, they can be opened as fast as any automatic.

Doesn't negate the pleasing aspects of your new knife, though. A fine, sturdy and even elegant knife.

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    My blade collection.

Attachments

• 20220507_190419.jpg
      20220507_190419.jpg
      487.9 KB · Views: 35

slyitry

Jul 28, 2009
    The blade action is nice and it's really light weight. So light in fact you'll forget you have it in your pocket. Hopefully I won't make some upset with me for saying this but to me the CF elite feels cheap.

Top Bottom