• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I was finally able to find a sandtrooper from Microtech. My collection now has JK, JM, SL, BH and ST. I am still looking for a stormtrooper. If you have know anyone who is selling, please let me know.

Thanks.

View attachment 416881 View attachment 416882
    That is awesome, There are a couple Blade Show exclusives I'm chasing. The Rebel Ultratech is epic for anyone collecting the Star wars MT UTs

bladeshow-23-new-star-wars-ut-v0-m0nmvi0mwo3b1.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Today's arrival, Reate exo K Karambit. They sold out most places within a day, it's a unique button lock gravity / bali type mechanism. I'm a sucker for fidgety mechanisms, Karambits and Balis, so I had to have it. For $165ish it's very reasonable, especially including a 2nd trainer knife. THe build, as with most Reate is impeccible, smooth action, great quality and materials, aluminum handle peices, a small bag of extra springs/screws and N690 steel, which is mediocre, but useable. In a world of warning labels and bubblewrap, it is kinda refreshing to handle a knife that rewards competence and caution with a flashy fast action, and rewards stupidity and disrespect with pain and blood.

Borrowed video of the action
    20230615_133344.jpg
    20230615_133556.jpg

Last edited:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice.

I’ve got a bunch of high end knifes, but it seems like my generic pm3 gets the most carry. Just a great knife.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Online, it looked like Country Knives' inventory of automatic knives in PA was pricey.

I went into The Fire Store in Coatesville, PA. They had about a dozen knives near the register and two partial glass cases of knives on the side of the store. The guy was super helpful, and their prices seemed reasonable. He asked about the process for getting a MD carry permit, and I gave him the MSI web page URL.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Online, it looked like Country Knives' inventory of automatic knives in PA was pricey.

I went into The Fire Store in Coatesville, PA. They had about a dozen knives near the register and two partial glass cases of knives on the side of the store. The guy was super helpful, and their prices seemed reasonable. He asked about the process for getting a MD carry permit, and I gave him the MSI web page URL.

How do you like the Hogue? I've got one of their OTFs on the list. I have a manual folder from them and it's a great knife.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    How do you like the Hogue? I've got one of their OTFs on the list. I have a manual folder from them and it's a great knife.

I like the Hogue. I was looking in the $160-$225 range. It has a snappy opening, a non-tanto blade, a decent edge, and was a good fit for my hand.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Country knives prices are insane, have been there a couple times, never saw another customer, never bought anything. Pretty sure it's just a guy's personal collection pretending to be a store so his wife doesn't get mad.

Hogue makes good stuff. Have a couple of their RSK folders, and really happy with them. The counterstrike is a nice OTF, good action, good feel, not huge on the giant glass breaker, comparable to an Ultratech IMO. Not as big of a fan of most of their others, incursion, exploit, compound. Their handles have a lot of hot spots and edges, the action is much like microtech troodons and is very stiff, and there are better options IMO.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    Country Knives must have hit their heads before pricing their knives. $205 for a run of the mill Kershaw Launch 8? :lol2:

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    AG Russel just released a new “dealer special” Randall Made Knife. I couldn’t pass it up.

From their website: “
    Back in the 1990s A. G. designed a hunting knife for Randall to make just for A.G. Russell™ customers. Over the years we have introduced different variations. The knife has been made with a 4" blade, a 4-1/2" blade and a 5" blade. There have been knives with Stag, Desert Ironwood and Ivorite handles and one model even had finger grooves. This model is our latest version with a handle suggested by the Randall shop. The center part of the handle is Thuya Wood. The spacers at the guard and at the butt include a wide coral/red colored micarta spacer separated from the wood with two thin black fiber spacers and separated from the brass guard and butt cap by a red fiber spacer.

The 4-1/2" blade measures 1-5/32" wide at the widest point and is 3/16" thick. Made of O-1 high carbon tool steel (non-stainless) at about 54 Rc. The sheath has the words “A.G. Russell Special” around the Randall Stamp on the back. Measures 9" from tip to butt Weighs 8.3 oz. Includes a brown leather sheath. Handmade in the U.S.A.”

IMG_6601.jpeg

IMG_6602.jpeg

IMG_6603.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Very impressive, I especially like the no frills flat taper on the blade, and classic finger guard. Looks like a lot of the most elite hunting knives from the 70's, particularly that impeccable handle. Good photos, thanks sir. p.s. I noticed the fur and label of that whiskey, nice touch.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am not sure how my collection ranks but it is getting there. I am not a serious collector. I just like buying knives once in a while. I don't have a specific style or size. I have folders, fixed, and neck. I do lean towards knives with high grade steel but not always. I will show 2 interesting ones for you today.

IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0434.jpg

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I am not sure how my collection ranks but it is getting there. I am not a serious collector. I just like buying knives once in a while. I don't have a specific style or size. I have folders, fixed, and neck. I do lean towards knives with high grade steel but not always. I will show 2 interesting ones for you today.

View attachment 424639 View attachment 424640
    Nice. I need to get me a Kukri. Never had one... never used one.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Very impressive, I especially like the no frills flat taper on the blade, and classic finger guard. Looks like a lot of the most elite hunting knives from the 70's, particularly that impeccable handle. Good photos, thanks sir. p.s. I noticed the fur and label of that whiskey, nice touch.
    Thanks. I need to get another rack for the minis. I am blessed to be able to afford what I have. Some day the kids will get them all.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    All Spyderco
    Which one is in my pocket depends on what I am doing.
    Duplicates are because I will lose one, order another and I'll find it in the meantime.
    I like the bright colors so I can find it when I lay it down - same reason I buy Dewalt power tools.

Spyderco group January 2022.jpg

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Nice. I need to get me a Kukri. Never had one... never used one.
    They have the cool factor. I have not put it to the test but the YouTube videos rate it very high. It is by Condor and you can get one on Amazon for $100 which I think is pretty cheap. Keep in mind the picture doesn't do it justice. This thing is big and heavy.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    My newest knife is a Spyderco Delica4. I own a bunch of Spyderco knives. They are great. I carry them most of the time. The one big thing I like about carrying them is because they have the adjustable clip. I carry left side and tip up. I'm a lefty. This new knife has M4 steel which is supposed to be a super steel and very nice. I got it on Blade HQ for under $100.

IMG_0436.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom