• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Pull a fast one...get a copy of USA Shooting's magazine. That way, they are picking a fight over the publication of the National Governing Body for an Olympic sport. Which makes your case much, much stronger.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Ask your parents.:D

If you were my son,I'd say go ahead,it's just reading material.If a teacher/admin. has a problem with a magazine ask them "Are you also against Hot Rod magazine because you drive a Prius?"

This.

I believe that any action taken against you for simply bringing such a magazine to school is a 1st Amendment lawsuit waiting to happen.

If my son wanted to bring such a magazine to read during free time (ie. lunch or while waiting for the bell to ring between classes), I would tell him to go for it. And if he suffered any repercussions for simply having it or for reading it during free time, I would find a lawyer and sue until I won. If your parents aren't willing to go to extreme lengths on principle, it may not be a good idea.

But if the magazine is out during class time, I'd say it's fair game for confiscation (just like any other magazine) because you're there to learn and looking at cool firearms (or a magazine on another subject) could easily distract you or your classmates from your work or listening to your teacher.

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    This.

I believe that any action taken against you for simply bringing such a magazine to school is a 1st Amendment lawsuit waiting to happen.

If my son wanted to bring such a magazine to read during free time (ie. lunch or while waiting for the bell to ring between classes), I would tell him to go for it. And if he suffered any repercussions for simply having it or for reading it during free time, I would find a lawyer and sue until I won. If your parents aren't willing to go to extreme lengths on principle, it may not be a good idea.

But if the magazine is out during class time, I'd say it's fair game for confiscation (just like any other magazine) because you're there to learn and looking at cool firearms (or a magazine on another subject) could easily distract you or your classmates from your work or listening to your teacher.

True, but often times in class, I finish work early and I don't like to share my books and magazines (OCD makes me not want any reading material with bent pages.:o) so kids wouldn't really be distracted. The only issue is I really don't want to have my firearm rights taken away from some dumb over reactive teacher. I've been suspended once (self defense) and the system just isn't designed for the kid to win. It's designed so that you make the school look good on tests to attract more parents to the death/tax trap known as Maryland. (I'm a anti-Owemalley in training! :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom