• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENDuRUN

Jun 13, 2021
    Saw in another thread that Myrtle Grove might be a little out of control at times. What is your favorite SoMD range besides Myrtle Grove?

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    Second Flat Broke. Nice clean friendly, attentive RSOs. I never had to wait to get a lane.
    The only disadvantage is they only have 50yard lanes.
    Fred’s in Waldorf is another option, they are busier though.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Speaking of S. MD ranges, is there any possibility in the near future of SCSC ever getting an outdoor rifle range again?

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Not sure I still hear about property obtained in Indian Head I think. Also just saw today the Middleton build with indoor range is empty and for sale and auction signs out front

Again? Jeez. When SCSC lost their outdoor range, I stuck it out for another couple years, but then resigned (in good standing) my membership. Fishing and hunting don't really interest me. All I really wanted was a place to shoot rifles...

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Get a membership at Sanners Lake or Northern Virginia Gun Club. You will need a sponsor for either club.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    SCSC is done.
    The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
    The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
    As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    SCSC is done.
    The majority on the Board let a non professional attempt to rewrite the lease offered to relocate the outdoor range against the advice of legal council. And failed.
    The majority of the Board refused to believe SCSC would be held accountable for lead cleanup on the old outdoor range and then refused to accept the research on the cost of said cleanup. Result - broke the bank for lack of planning.
    As long as the officers and Board continue to believe the good old boy handshake trumps contracts and corporate interests, there will be no path forward. Even the sale of the building is controlled by an charter with the Knights of Columbus as to how any potential proceeds realized will be distributed. SCSC won't get any cash out of it.

Sad I tried to become a member years ago glad It didn't happen. Joined Sanners and never looked back

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Yeah, I'm going to have to take a look at Sanners and Ft. Meade

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    SCSC is done.

Source of that statement in bold?????

Knights of Columbus are NO part of that building, and haven't been, since before breaking ground for the foundation.

Also, the lead abatement was paid for (by contract) and we held our end of the contract. Period.

Lastly, I won't 'air' any more laundry of SCSC, here.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Dont go to Myrtle Grove on saturday morning or weekday evenings just before closing time.

If you go mid-day during the week, it tends to be quiet and you will mostly encounter other shooters who are courteous and safety minded.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    SCSC is done.

Sounds like you have no actual first hand knowledge of SCSC and its operations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom