• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I feel kinda like a bum being untucked...but sometimes...well, a bum with a gun isn't all that bad, I guess. :shrug:

I've found that tucking the shirt deep (with a tuckable clip, of course), and then pulling it back up just a little bit all the way around gives the muffin top room to breath and just enough blousing to help hide the pistol.

Patterns and dark colors seem to help...and the bulk of my "wardrobe" is light solids :rolleye12

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    For all the “tucked-in” carry practicioners that have responded thus far in this thread with their go-to methods, if you haven’t already can you please upload pictures of the end product? I can’t wrap my head around logistically how it would look with a tucked in polo or dress shirt, both of which has been my preferred work wear for the last 36 years. People have definitely noticed over the last 6 months or so my current untucked baggy style transformation.

I’ve found researching holsters, companies are very fond of telling you how great their “tuckable version” is while only showing pics of the holster on a table, or on a model with the shirt completely tucked-in behind the gun/holster (no attempt at tucking any shirt over the assembly as intended).

I’m particularly interested in what “tucked” appendix IWB looks like.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    For all the “tucked-in” carry practicioners that have responded thus far in this thread with their go-to methods, if you haven’t already can you please upload pictures of the end product? I can’t wrap my head around logistically how it would look with a tucked in polo or dress shirt, both of which has been my preferred work wear for the last 36 years. People have definitely noticed over the last 6 months or so my current untucked baggy style transformation.

I’ve found researching holsters, companies are very fond of telling you how great their “tuckable version” is while only showing pics of the holster on a table, or on a model with the shirt completely tucked-in behind the gun/holster (no attempt at tucking any shirt over the assembly as intended).

I’m particularly interested in what “tucked” appendix IWB looks like.
    e28d16a8-8cdc-48d1-a40a-45316c832c75.jpg

Less conspicuous when wearing a black tee

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    View attachment 416222

Less conspicuous when wearing a black tee
    That’s not concealed, we can still see it... My understanding is that the point of “tuckable” holsters is to “tuck in your shirt” IN FRONT OF THE GUN as you normally would wear the shirt, while concealing the weapon, not place the shirt behind the firearm.

I can do this with my non-tuck AIWB holsters.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    That’s not concealed, we can still see it... My understanding is that the point of “tuckable” holsters is to “tuck in your shirt” IN FRONT OF THE GUN as you normally would wear the shirt, while concealing the weapon, not place the shirt behind the firearm.

I can do this with my non-tuck AIWB holsters.
    I misunderstood Your post! No mention of it being concealed but i understand Your question after rereading what you wrote.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I misunderstood Your post! No mention of it being concealed but i understand Your question after rereading what you wrote.
    Understood. The “tuckable” holsters have the mounting screws located UNDER the belt, with the clips open at the top, providing a slot for your shirt to slide in and be gripped or held down by the clip(s), allowing the shirt to cover the whole assembly. I’ve never seen a holster manufacturer show a picture of what that in fact this looks like, but they often make these pie in the sky concealment claims, which I am fairly skeptical of. The pic you posted is typically the type of pic they show to advertise their “tuckable” models, which clearly aren’t depicting any type of concealment whatsoever.

I’m skeptical that this wouldn’t just look like a big metallic lump at the waist line.

I’m also not eager to start ripping holes in my dress shirts at the point of the metallic clips. I'm assuming these clips are as robust as the ones on my current AIWB holsters, which may not play nice with my shirt tails.

I’m simply curious how this whole method works.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    @AlBeight

This is just for demonstration purposes. I never 'tuck' with a t-shirt and my button downs are tuckless. There is ample space and flex in this Vedder Lighttuck for a dress shirt to be tucked in.

tuck.jpg
    untuck.jpg

tuck2.jpg

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    While many of these "tuckable" holsters are exactly that, they still show the clip over the belt which is a no go for me. Pocket carry with a micro compact is the best option I have come up with so far for when I need to wear a tucked in shirt.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    While many of these "tuckable" holsters are exactly that, they still show the clip over the belt which is a no go for me. Pocket carry with a micro compact is the best option I have come up with so far for when I need to wear a tucked in shirt.
    I say go balls deep if you need to tuck in a shirt. Go with the suit coat and a shoulder holster. That or yeah, a micro/derringer and a pocket holster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom