• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Navyblue

May 30, 2013
    Calvert
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/sheriff-plans-selective-enforcement-new-gun-law-20185.shtml

Updated: Wednesday, June 5 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
    Garrett County's sheriff is asking county commissioners to support selective enforcement of Maryland's new gun control law.
    Sheriff Robert Corley voiced his opposition to the new law at Tuesday's commissioners meeting and presented the panel with a resolution he says protects citizens' rights.
    Corley plans to reserve enforcement of the new law except when someone is suspected of a violent crime, has been convicted of a prior felony or adjudicated with a dangerous mental illness.
    Corley says the resolution resembles resolutions in Carroll and Cecil counties that state the law, which, in part, requires people to submit fingerprints to buy a handgun, infringes Second Amendment rights. The Cumberland Times-News (http://bit.ly/18V1XDP) reports that two commissioners supported the resolution and the third suggested soliciting citizen input and a review by legal counsel.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    As for Washington County, I don't think they've said anything about the passage of SB281. Been quiet.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Neither here in Frederick yet. I was hoping the meeting yesterday would have hinted at something. nothing being reported yet.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I have did Terry Baker at the tea Party rally at Cancun Cantina backin Feb.So atleast he's on are side.

I talked with Terry Baker and Jeff Cline. They asked me to see about the resolution Carroll County passed. I got a copy of it and forwarded it to Terry about 2 weeks ago. I should be running into him soon. I will post any changes as soon as I find out. They are ready to run with it. :D

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I wonder how long it will be before 'Doogie' Gansler and Owe'Malley's goon-squad start harassing Sheriffs who publically state their position against it ?

I don't want to thread-jack, but If anyone has studied Maryland's role in the civil war, what is developing now is almost a metaphor. Read Cotton's book, Maryland in the Civil War: A House Divided or a short Wiki version, Maryland in the American Civil War that inspired James Ryder Randall to write a poem which would be put to music and eventually become the state song, "Maryland, My Maryland".

The despot's heel is on thy shore,
    His torch is at thy temple door,
    Avenge the patriotic gore
    That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
    And be the battle queen of yore,
    Maryland! My Maryland!

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    This is good - to see folks use their individual offices as a means to let citizens know that the laws passed this past session are no good. No one in the general population really knows what happened to their rights because the sun is so far up the dems arses as is local TV, so the more bad press this gets the better. Kudos sherriff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom