• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    As a long time Frederick County resident I very much support his efforts. Not sure what it is I can do to help in this specific situation though.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    As a long time Frederick County resident I very much support his efforts. Not sure what it is I can do to help in this specific situation though.

Meanwhile, Jenkins says that’s not how he sees it, and is asking supporters to flood the council with emails and calls to keep the 287-G immigration enforcement program intact.

From the article

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Let's see. Libtards from Monkey county get sick of high taxes, ms13, overcrowding, and increasing crime. They move up the I270 corridor to Frederick county, and proceed to vote for more liberal Democrats. Frederick county can now have higher taxes, ms13, overcrowding, and increasing crime too.

What this country needs more than anything is a was to force liberals to live with the crap they vote for.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Given how Frederick has changed, I’m not sure Jenkins can pull it off this time. He has my vote regardless. These are two of his Democrat opponents. Tell me from this rhetoric that either of these guys will be good for Frederick County.

Dan McDowell

“…I believe that the Frederick County Sheriff's Office needs to be brought into the 21st century with a focus on outreach, community policing and diversity. I am an agent of change and we will improve perception and community relationships.”

“…the 287(g) program needs to be looked at very closely to weigh any benefit it may provide against the fear it imposes on the immigrant communities living in Frederick County.”

Karl Bickel

“The current sheriff has become an embarrassment to the field of law enforcement, our county, and our state. His political extremism has become a blemish on our community.”

“I will eliminate the good ole boy culture and management through fear and intimidation that has created a toxic working environment.”

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    Given how Frederick has changed, I’m not sure Jenkins can pull it off this time. He has my vote regardless. These are two of his Democrat opponents. Tell me from this rhetoric that either of these guys will be good for Frederick County.

Dan McDowell

“…I believe that the Frederick County Sheriff's Office needs to be brought into the 21st century with a focus on outreach, community policing and diversity. I am an agent of change and we will improve perception and community relationships.”

“…the 287(g) program needs to be looked at very closely to weigh any benefit it may provide against the fear it imposes on the immigrant communities living in Frederick County.”

Karl Bickel

“The current sheriff has become an embarrassment to the field of law enforcement, our county, and our state. His political extremism has become a blemish on our community.”

“I will eliminate the good ole boy culture and management through fear and intimidation that has created a toxic working environment.”
    Sounds like two village idiots to me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Can't speak to Dan McDowell but Bickel is a long time village idiot who has been a perennial candidate for Sheriff and only gets support from those who refuse to vote for anyone who isn't a Democrat.

Bickel's sole claim to fame is that he's opposed to Jenkins...pretty much a Democrat tactic these days...simply being opposed without an agenda of his own.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    So the way I’m understanding the 287-G program/agreement with immigration is that IF you are arrested for an offense AND found guilty you are reported to immigration. I do not see an issue with that.

Now IF the Frederick County sheriffs are reporting people to immigration prior to an arrest AND conviction I have a problem with that as they are now in predatory mode pulling folks over they deem Illegal on pretext stops.

As a person of color I have never had an issue with Frederick County sheriffs as I’m minding my own business and law abiding. That has not been the case for me in Montgomery County with their police force. I lost count of the times I’ve been pulled over by MC police for things like “ I Looked like I was speeding” with no radar to support that allegation or “what am I doing in this neighborhood?” that being while driving in Bethesda at night. The very elitist county that claims to be progressive is one of the most regressive counties I’ve been too. Frederick County never once have I experienced this behavior.

Depending on how Sheriff Jenkins is managing this 287-G program I will vote for him.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    As a person of color I have never had an issue with Frederick County sheriffs as I’m minding my own business and law abiding. That has not been the case for me in Montgomery County with their police force. I lost count of the times I’ve been pulled over by MC police for things like “ I Looked like I was speeding” with no radar to support that allegation or “what am I doing in this neighborhood?” that being while driving in Bethesda at night. The very elitist county that claims to be progressive is one of the most regressive counties I’ve been too. Frederick County never once have I experienced this behavior.
    Interesting anecdote...thanks for sharing.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Will vote for Jenkins but my fear is frederick County is becoming northern montgomery county.
    It may already be with all the biden and democrats stickers I'm seeing on cars around here. F them peo]le.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom