• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    A few options, but a threaded bull barrel is $115, so I am told the cheapest in over a year.

I just ordered one and all in (tax, shipping, etc) comes to $126.74

Heavy contour, premium-grade “Bentz” chambered .22 LR barrel provides an immediate improvement in accuracy over your original factory barrel. Close-tolerance Bentz chamber combines the accuracy of a match grade chamber with the reliable cycling of a standard factory chamber. Extra-heavy, untapered .920" O.D. provides maximum stability for greater shot-to-shot consistency. Use with standard or match grade ammunition; not for use with CCI Stinger ammunition. Minor fitting to stock may be required. Chrome-moly models have polished blue finish and are available in an 18" length with dished crown or a 16 ½" length with ½"-28 tpi threaded muzzle for adding a compensator. Stainless model available in smooth 18" long barrel or patented helical fluting for greater heat dissipation, less weight, and improved barrel harmonics. Both have dished crown.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That’s a pretty good deal if it shoots well. I’ve had pretty good results with a Green Mountain barrel. You’ll have a good time going through 20-30 different flavors of match ammo to find out what it likes best. If you don’t, you’ll be leaving a lot on the table.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Any updates on this?

I'm asking because I've got this 10/22 sitting in my safe that I bought many years ago, but very rarely gets shot. Now that I have the Bergara B14R, my wife thinks she wants to do more 22 shooting - thinks it's fun in fact. This would be a great way to have both of us shooting together, and it would give me a project to work on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Bentz is intended to be a Compromise chamber . Tighter than SAAMI Sporting , loose than true match , with the * intention * of usually feeding most ammo in a Semiauto.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Green Mountain barrels are a great compromise of price and performance.
    Any updates on this?

I'm asking because I've got this 10/22 sitting in my safe that I bought many years ago, but very rarely gets shot. Now that I have the Bergara B14R, my wife thinks she wants to do more 22 shooting - thinks it's fun in fact. This would be a great way to have both of us shooting together, and it would give me a project to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom