• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Nice discount for Veterans on Wednesdays at an outstanding AYCE buffet. Shady Maple is about 15 -20 minutes north of Lancaster, PA.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I'm going to a wedding in Lancaster in a couple months, so I pulled this place up. Looks good. Thanks for bringing it up, maybe we'll hit it up for breakfast.

It's also just to the east of Blue Ball. I just wanted to say that.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I'm going to a wedding in Lancaster in a couple months, so I pulled this place up. Looks good. Thanks for bringing it up, maybe we'll hit it up for breakfast.

It's also just to the east of Blue Ball. I just wanted to say that.
    But, Bird-In-Hand and Intercourse are close by to take care of that issue.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Biggest buffet I've ever seen. Too bad it's an expedition to get there and back.
    Most of our expeditions are tied to a show at American Music Theater in Lancaster. We do about 4-5 a year. Best Buffet and Best Show Venue all in one trip!!

Next trip is June 11th for Brothers of the Heart. Country Quartet that includes Jimmie Fortune of Statler Bros. fame...
    That is a Sunday evening, so unfortunately, it won't include Shady Maple.......

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Most of our expeditions are tied to a show at American Music Theater in Lancaster. We do about 4-5 a year. Best Buffet and Best Show Venue all in one trip!!

Next trip is June 11th for Brothers of the Heart. Country Quartet that includes Jimmie Fortune of Statler Bros. fame...
    That is a Sunday evening, so unfortunately, it won't include Shady Maple.......

Do you drive back or stay at a hotel up there?

Looking for recommendations.

We've stayed at the Country Inn and Suites across from Dutch Wonderland but have never been to the Steamboat.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Do you drive back or stay at a hotel up there?

Looking for recommendations.

We've stayed to the Country Inn and Suites across from Dutch Wonderland but have never been to the Steamboat.
    We round trip it. I pick my Mom and sister up in Catonsville, and it's about an hour and a half trip.

We used to camp up there and stayed at Old Mill Stream next to Dutch Wonderland. The KOA east of Lancaster and the White Oak Campground south of Lancaster near Strasburg. We also stayed at the Yogi Bear Campground near Quarryville, where my parents rented a cabin. All were nice campgrounds.

Here's a YouTube review of the Fulton Inn a.k.a. the Steamboat.....

Last edited:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Hell, head there for bfast, gain 20 pounds, then right to the doctor for your impending heart attack. If I'm ever in Lancaster in the AM I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom