• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I just bought a Mini- Genesis for my little girl for her birthday. Anyone have experience with setting this bow up for a child? I have read lots of conflicting info. Did you put a whisker biscuit on it? Sites, a peep on the string? Can't wait to give it to her!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I would put all the stuff on it. but just make sure shes safe and understands how to use it. and make sure she doesn't get disappointed too easily...

gaskg

Jan 5, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I would put all the stuff on it. but just make sure shes safe and understands how to use it. and make sure she doesn't get disappointed too easily...

I was thinking the same. I'll at least start with the whisker biscuit and work from there. It's gong to be great having a shooting buddy in the backyard!

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I was thinking the same. I'll at least start with the whisker biscuit and work from there. It's gong to be great having a shooting buddy in the backyard!

To keep it fun we put balloons on the target and let the young /new shooters make a game out of it. Keep it fun.

Edit for atrocious spelling.

Last edited:

Slimpickins

Jan 3, 2013
    Hollywood, Md
    I have recently been checking out bows for my daughter who is turning 8 this Sunday. I found a Diamond Atomic bow at a archery shop. It has a Apex 3 pin fiber optic sight, a full capture rest (not a whisker biscuit, but good quality), Quiver, and three arrows for $199... The draw weight is from 6 to 29 lbs, and draw length is 12" to 24"! I think I'm going to pick one up Saturday...

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    We use these bows for youth events.
    We set them up with a nock-point and whisker biscuit.
    That's it.

Kisser buttons, peeps, releases, etc. are really too much for a youngster to initially handle... and you can add that stuff as they gain proficiency.

Keep it simple and keep the targets close and fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom