"Sensitive" places restrictions on wear and carry currently that should not be.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Not with out being able to carry in state parks, Maryland National parks are off limits.

If you able to carry in the state you are in state parks you can carry in National parks.
    I think you may be incorrect. 54 USC 104906(b) provides:

(b) Protection of right of individuals to bear arms in System units.--The Secretary shall not promulgate or enforce any
    regulation that prohibits an individual from possessing a firearm, including an assembled or functional firearm, in any System
    unit if--
    (1) the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the firearm; and
    (2) the possession of the firearm is in compliance with the law of the State in which the System unit is located.

Nothing in MD state law addresses carry in a federal park. The regs address State parks and forest lands. A MD permit allows a person to "possess" a firearm outside the home. That's good enough

Gravedigger

Dec 25, 2014
    7E5854B0-69FF-486D-9D21-B6304FBF4FB1.png

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    IANAL but I believe that you can carry in a Federal Park as long as you have a carry permit for the state that the federal park is located in. You can't go in the Ranger Station, bath house/bath room and tourist centers since they are considerd Federal buildings. Federal Parks are not listed in the 13 places you can't carry even with a carry permit with a Maryland permit. The dredge boat section comes from the osyter wars that started in the 1880's and continue in someway today.

Directly from the MSP website:

Where are Firearms Prohibited?​

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.
    1. On school property (CR 4-102)

2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. Aboard aircraft (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)

7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, unless properly secured within vehicle (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think gun free zones are funny. Anyone intent on doing harm will do so unopposed in a gun free zone.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IANAL but I believe that you can carry in a Federal Park as long as you have a carry permit for the state that the federal park is located in. You can't go in the Ranger Station, bath house/bath room and tourist centers since they are considerd Federal buildings. Federal Parks are not listed in the 13 places you can't carry even with a carry permit with a Maryland permit. The dredge boat section comes from the osyter wars that started in the 1880's and continue in someway today.

Directly from the MSP website:

Where are Firearms Prohibited?​

Restriction on the wear, carry and transport of handguns and firearms in certain places appear throughout Maryland law and regulations. Below are statutes and regulations detailing the handgun and firearm restrictions. This list should not be considered all-inclusive.
    1. On school property (CR 4-102)

2. Within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place (CR 4-208)

3. In legislative buildings (SG 2-1702)

4. Aboard aircraft (TR 5-1008)

5. In lodging establishments where the innkeeper reasonably believes individuals possess property that may be dangerous to other individuals, such as firearms or explosives (BR 15-203)

6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)

7. In or around State-owned public buildings and grounds (COMAR 04.05.01.03)

8. On Chesapeake Forest Lands (COMAR 08.01.07.14)

9. In State Forests (COMAR 08.07.01.04)

10. In State Parks (COMAR 08.07.06.04)

11. In State Highway Rest Areas, unless properly secured within vehicle (COMAR 11.04.07.12)

12. In community adult rehabilitation centers (COMAR 12.02.03.10)

13. In child care centers, except for small centers located in residences (COMAR 13A.16.10.04)

The law says if there are no Federal employees in the facility it is legal to carry, meaning if they are contractors it’s ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    Is there a difference between public and private school? Or does the blanket term schools cover both?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    When I carry in sensitive places I find it important to have a good lotion.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    Horse ladies.

They are EXTREMELY sensitive. Just start any conversation with the word "fireworks" or "hunting" or "littering" and watch them melt down. Usually because they are anti for the first two and the last because they get tired of (rightfully) being accused of it (I watch horsefolk riding all the time in the parks and seen them MANY times just chuck wrappers from snacks to the side of the trail. Several fights with neighbors over it).
    horse people definitely think they're above the law , hunting on a sunday on our lease , they come riding thru posted property , not a care in the world , first shotgun blast almost gave the lead horse a heart attack , then they curse me while they are trespassing . a**holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom