• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    I am cleaning up my safe. I am in VA. Can I post ads in this forum or it must be in the classifieds?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    C&R stuff would be great; Marylanders with licenses could import stuff directly.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It's OK to post more often.

I encourage you to introduce yourself in the introductions thread.
    Yep, the Classifieds are there for a reason as is the Intro forum. And maybe the OP could read through the forum rules as well if he's going to be around after the guns are sold.

Bcjustin

Nov 27, 2023
    California MD
    Similar to this topic that I've been wondering: is it acceptable to make a post in classifieds that is more or less "What do you all think this gun is worth?" My situation is I'm probably going to be taking a gun to my local range (Flat broke) for a trade in, however I have no idea what the thing is worth. (Sig p220 in .38 super) I feel like walking in and telling a prospective buyer "hello would you like to buy this? I have no idea what it's worth!" is not very savvy. I've of course done some googling and the prices seem to vary wildly, and I'm not sure if the more or less "odd" caliber of .38 super makes it decline in value.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Similar to this topic that I've been wondering: is it acceptable to make a post in classifieds that is more or less "What do you all think this gun is worth?" My situation is I'm probably going to be taking a gun to my local range (Flat broke) for a trade in, however I have no idea what the thing is worth. (Sig p220 in .38 super) I feel like walking in and telling a prospective buyer "hello would you like to buy this? I have no idea what it's worth!" is not very savvy. I've of course done some googling and the prices seem to vary wildly, and I'm not sure if the more or less "odd" caliber of .38 super makes it decline in value.
    Take it to a local gun shop and talk with them.
    Search on gunbroker to see what other P220's in .38 super are selling for.
    Put it on gunbroker with a reserve of what you feel is the lowest acceptable price you'd take.

It's only worth what someone will pay for it.

Bcjustin

Nov 27, 2023
    California MD
    Take it to a local gun shop and talk with them.
    Search on gunbroker to see what other P220's in .38 super are selling for.
    Put it on gunbroker with a reserve of what you feel is the lowest acceptable price you'd take.

It's only worth what someone will pay for it.
    Fair enough, yea I'll take it to a couple local stores and see what they say.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yeah, talk to a local gun shop owner. They'll give you ~30% less than what they can sell it for. They might offer to sell it on consignment for a little more than that.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I've found this site: https://truegunvalue.com/ to be useful. They have records of a handful of p220 pistols in 38 super having been sold, and it looks like they're going for serious money.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I am cleaning up my safe. I am in VA. Can I post ads in this forum or it must be in the classifieds?
    1. Post it in the classifieds.
    2. Post your guns for sale in Vaguntrader. That place will move them for you. Be careful with the scams on vaguntrader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom