• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Looking for recommendations on what everyone is using to secure a handgun in a vehicle. Would like it to be able to hod a full-size. Appreciate any recommendations.
    Tuffy makes all kinds of security products and have one in my jeep.

JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    The keys are different. If you plan to buy more than 1 and want matching keys, the key code is on the side of the box.
    Thanks I appreciate all the replies. I’m gonna check out the harbor freight ones this weekend for the Acura. I drive the Ram the most and really like the idea of the gun vault the way it is custom fit.

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    I've always had the console vault that came from factory in all my Super Duty trucks I've owned. They are great for security however the only downside is that it takes up pretty much your entire console.
    You can purchase them aftermarket online.
    As much as I like them I will not install one in my new Navigator. I don't want to to lose my entire console. And now with being able to legally carry I do not have to secure it in my vehicle nearly as much when I carry on my person wherever I'm going

rswangz

Jan 14, 2013
    Carroll Co
    I have the smaller Harbor Freight one and full size S&W M&P fits. I was impressed with the quality given the affordable price.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I've always had the console vault that came from factory in all my Super Duty trucks I've owned. They are great for security however the only downside is that it takes up pretty much your entire console.
    i sorta see that as a positive. you pretty much don't lose any space in the center console, all the crap that went in there before can still go in there.

JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    The keys are different. If you plan to buy more than 1 and want matching keys, the key code is on the side of the box.
    Picked up two today and am really surprised at how well made it is for the money. Thanks for the heads up on the key code. I was able to get matching numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom