• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    So I went with the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40. Mounted and balanced it this morning with no trouble, which was a nice change of pace. Used the $10 rings DSG sells, no problems there. Just came back from AGC, it was on paper with the first shots, that's with no bore-sighting mind you. Had it dialed in dead on at 25 yards within 30 shots. Scope was very easy to adjust with the tool-less turrets. Very happy so far, looking forward to warmer and less windy days so I can stretch it out to 100 yards and really tune it up. Thanks for the all rec's guys!

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I have owned a fair number of 22 scopes over the years. I will no longer buy super cheap 22 scopes as the quality is just too low for me.

My most recent rimfire scope purchase was this Redfield.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/redfield-battlezone-tac-22-2-7x34mm-riflescope.html

It is my second Redfield scope purchase since they were bought by Leupold and I have been favorably impressed with the overall quality.

The other inexpensive 22 scope that I own and like is this fixed 4x from Weaver

http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Rimfire.../dp/B0000V2DBS

Notice that neither of these scopes are high powered or have lots of features like AO. IMHO you are more likely to have a better experience with a cheaper the scope if it is lower magnification and has fewer features.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I know you asked about scopes, but, I have a 10-22 that I scoped years ago. About a year and a half ago I took the scope off and put tech sights on and I have shot that gun more, and had more fun with it, than the whole time that I've had it before then.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Just zeroed in a Nikon Rimfire 3x9x40 BDC on my Ruger 10/22 Contest Winner. So far it's very nice, clear and accurate.

Scarab

Same setup I have but I still need to get it dialed in.
    Swapping out the trigger for a new Ruger BX trigger though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom