• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    What's the story on the added safety? They were added to be imported?
    Any difference as a shooter for the Romanian vs. Yugo?

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Ya know, I opened this thread to learn a little something and you azzhats ended up convincing me to buy one. dammit....i was doing so well too....

Ordered a Romanian one. Intended to get it from Wideners but their site kept erroring out so bought it at Classic instead for a few pennies more. Hopefully it will be a good one :0/

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Ya know, I opened this thread to learn a little something and you azzhats ended up convincing me to buy one. dammit....i was doing so well too....

Ordered a Romanian one. Intended to get it from Wideners but their site kept erroring out so bought it at Classic instead for a few pennies more. Hopefully it will be a good one :0/

C-mon... get a polish one too! They look so nice next to one another! :party29:

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach

If you have a Romy you now have to get a Yugo so you can have one of each grip length. I love my Romy because its so small and slim and feels great in my hands but I also love my Yugo because nothing feels better than a single stack that fits a grown mans hand. Plus youre gonna buy ammo in bulk and take a friend to shoot it so you might as well have one for each of you and this way youll have the widest variety.

I really want a 9mm Tokarev next for myself. Maybe a chrome plated one?

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Ive spent less on my Tokarevs than most single inexpensive parts Ive bought to put on my other guns like stocks, scopes, or even just a trip to wal mart for ammo. Great gun for the price.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    If you have a Romy you now have to get a Yugo so you can have one of each grip length. I love my Romy because its so small and slim and feels great in my hands but I also love my Yugo because nothing feels better than a single stack that fits a grown mans hand. Plus youre gonna buy ammo in bulk and take a friend to shoot it so you might as well have one for each of you and this way youll have the widest variety.

I really want a 9mm Tokarev next for myself. Maybe a chrome plated one?

Sled: I looked for a Polish one and everyone was out of em.
    (waits for sled to produce a link to one I missed)

and yeah, a Yugo. I thought about ordering one of those last night too for those very reasons, but stopped myself.

Thought about it again today, but then Engage called me to tell me my AR build is done and seeing how I have to pay them too! Tick tock, here comes October.....

who has surplus ammo. All the biggies seem to be out. I dont need 500 rounds...well not yet

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    I got both a Romanian and a Yugo from Classic. The Romanian has a finish like a new gun. The Yugo has a longer grip and is the gun I take to the range.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Does anybody know if the chinese 9mm toks are still easy to find? Are they all called Norinco 213's? Also I understood the quality was alot lower on them. Are they still a reasonable shooter/beater gun if you just want something to have a little fun with?

I considered converting one of mine to 9mm but for the price Id probably just buy a new one. I wish someone made a reasonable standard kit to do that for each model, with ammo drying up they would make a killing. Id be faster to buy one of it came complete with everything you needed from a more well known manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom