• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    More often than not, the perpetrators are the alleged targets. Allegedly.

"330 of the 386 stop-arm camera violations were by bus drivers."

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    That's to be expected, since they are in a hurry and around a high concentration of school buses.

I would find it funny, if the school resource officer is writing the tickets at the school parking lot entrance. :D

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    The RSO's would be writing them from a position of privilege and systemic racism.

The article says they were camera violations.

The article did not say if one bus passing 20 to get to a parking space would be issued 20 violations. It would be silly if it did, but it was not stated in the article.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    They do haul butt on a regular basis. I have seen them go faster than 25mph on the streets through the neighborhoods, coast through stop signs here in town, drive well over 50 mph on 28.

A lot of it may be schedule driven. In town, the buses pick up and drop off the HS kids, then the Middle School kids and finally the Elementary School kids in the morning and afternoon.

Except for track and field, Poolesville athletes normally don't use buses to get to and from games. Other schools do. The schools can have their athletes picked up at 1330hrs or 1630hrs and then taken to wherever the event is. If it is 1330, the drivers have to haul butt back to make their pick ups. Most schools opt for the 1630 departures which is why most of our home JV games start late and or are cut short.

Unlike POVs captured on camera doing this where there is no way to prove who was driving, school busses are assigned drivers. The drivers should pay the fines, not stick it to the taxpayers

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The ones I love are those that keep the door cracked enough to keep the red lights flashing as they drive to the next driveway along MD99 in HoCo... wonder how many of the cars (standing still) they pass get "school bus" tickets because the cameras are active?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Wait... did I read that right? They are using department P-cards to pay for the violations? P-cards are used by county government agencies to purchase supplies, not pay for traffic violations. My unit has P-cards to buy digital recorders or USB storage drives... stuff that we need to do our job that aren't otherwise normal products bought by the department. We can't use the P-card to buy donuts, or pay for TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS, or any other personal items.

Someone needs to look into that.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Strange that the article really only talks about money and makes no mention of safety. Monkey's moto, Show me the money, safety third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom