• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Went to Hap Baker Sunday with a couple new toys I got from Mark. It was surprisingly crowded for how chilly it was. Anywho overall I think I had a pretty successful day and am really pleased with my new rifles.

I started off with the SCAR17 with some new manufacture Winchester white box 147 grain nato rounds. I shot the whole magazine of that from 25 yards to 50 to 100 yards and got it zeroed. Then I loaded up some Belgian Surplus (70's make I think)I got awhile back and shot the group below. I was quite satisfied with that being 100 yards on a new rifle with standard sights and surplus ammo, I'm sure this rifle would shoot great with high grade ammo and optics. Did that in less then two magazines worth of ammo on a brand new rifle so I'm good with it.

CIMG1226.jpg

Then I broke out my Daniel Defense V5 Lightweight M4. I got some LWRC Skirmish sights from Mark and they were pretty easy to line up as well. Did the same thing as with the SCAR17, started out at 25 yards then 50 and then 100. Probably used roughly the same amount of ammo as well. I only used some new manufacture Federal XM5.56 55grain. In the picture below I shot the group of 3 near the bulls-eye unsuppressed and the group below to the left with my G5 suppressor, both times aiming at the bulls-eye. I don't remember the point of impact being that significantly different with my SCAR16 but I'll have to do a little more experimenting with it next time.

CIMG1219.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom