• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zekers7

Oct 1, 2014
    Im getting ready to pin my 14" scar before moving back to the state down the road. What keymo muzzle devices are allowed?

Would the following from blackout defense be ok? Its advertised as a muzzle brake:

keymo-hybrid-blk.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There are no muzzle police going from range to range measuring flash emissions. If it says it's a brake, it's a brake.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it’s listed as a brake your good but the can by MD law is a flash hider.
    I'm going to disagree with some of these responses. MD law is clear that a flash suppressor either is advertised as such or performs as such. A manufacturer couldn't just advertise an A2 FH as a brake and now everything's fine in terms of MD law.

You are correct that a suppressor is definitely a flash hider under MD law.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I'm going to disagree with some of these responses. MD law is clear that a flash suppressor either is advertised as such or performs as such. A manufacturer couldn't just advertise an A2 FH as a brake and now everything's fine in terms of MD law.

I would point to the Heavy barrel requirement that has set the precedent of “ marketed or marked”. But I do see your point as to how they wrote it out that it may encompass other devices but I believe that would be a very hard case to win for them. JMO

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

By that logic, every muzzle device would be banned.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I would point to the Heavy barrel requirement that has set the precedent of “ marketed or marked”. But I do see your point as to how they wrote it out that it may encompass other devices but I believe that would be a very hard case to win for them. JMO
    It's written in the law! No precedent is necessary or applicable.
    By that logic, every muzzle device would be banned.
    Every muzzle device that suppresses flash would be, yes. That's not every muzzle device.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It's written in the law! No precedent is necessary or applicable.

Every muzzle device that suppresses flash would be, yes. That's not every muzzle device.
    Other than a thread protector every muzzle device affects flash. As to how much it does vary. So where does one find the standards of acceptable flash manipulation? Exactly there isn’t one just like there is no standard sizing set forth for the HB. If it’s sold as a brake then it’s a brake. If someone decides to market an A2 FH as a brake then we could pontificate of the legality of that. Don’t see that happening and it definitely doesn’t apply to the op.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it’s sold as a brake then it’s a brake.
    This is not how the law is written. You just want to ignore the rest of the FH definition in the law because it's hard, that's on you, but I really wonder what's gonna happen the first time the MSP decides to play hardball with FFLs on this point.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    This is not how the law is written. You just want to ignore the rest of the FH definition in the law because it's hard, that's on you, but I really wonder what's gonna happen the first time the MSP decides to play hardball with FFLs on this point.
    Folding stocks leave my shop bare. I take a picture of the firearm and catalog the flash hider. I’m not ignoring anything. It’s certainly not hard lol. As pointed out you are saying all MDs are flash hiders and I’ll agree that all MDs effect flash but let’s see them “ drop the hammer” on a brake. Right now it’s just BGOS.

zekers7

Oct 1, 2014
    Founds this... funky looking but doesnt look like it would be as concussive as the Dead air brake

FG42-main-image.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    MD law ambiguities are for steering purposes. The BGOS in the state will make gunowners dive down the rabbit hole of the laws and ultimately make them either change their mind about what they will get out of "fear" or out of frustration. On the AR15 most if not all muzzle devices retard the flash from the shooters angle. Unfortunately MDGA thinks flash hiders hide the flash from the targets view point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom