• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Has anyone gone through the process as to registering a lower as a SBR in Frederick County? My main questions is are the LEOs ok with signing off on the NFA form or will I have to create a trust to do so? Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I would do a trust. No need for fingerprints, CLEO sign off. If you have anyone in your family that you would let use the SBR if they are on the trust they can use it without your supervision. Rusty Shackleford can setup a trust for $300. If you go the personal route for a SBR you will spend $70+ for fingerprints and pictures and spend the day driving to Baltimore to get the MSP Cleo sign off. If you plan on adding more NFA items the trust is the way to go.

Some people also suggest that a trust speeds up the processing of the NFA forms.

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    I did one in Frederick about 5 months ago, Sheriff Jenkins will sign off on the forms. You just leave the forms with someone there and they will call you in a few days and ask if you want to pick them up or have them mailed. If you plan it on the right day you can also get your finger prints done there. Very painless process.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Awesome, thanks for the update guys. Seems like a pretty simple process. I believe this is going to be a NFA-4 form correct? I know and will look all this information up but just looking at what tips can be offered.

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    The form used is going to depend on what you are doing. I assume you are taking an existing lower and converting it to an SBR? I believe that requires a Form 1.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    How about form 4 for a suppressor?
    If so I want to start soon. I am new and read a lot about NFA stuff. I know they do prints on wednesday's so how many sets do i need.

Thank You

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Ok, I got the forms filled out and will be dropping off to Sherrif Jenkins tomorrow but I have one last question. Form 1 is saying that I need to have fingerprints taken on FBI Form FD-258. My question is should I print this out or will this fingerprint card be available for me at the time the prints are taken? I.E. is this the standard fingerprint card and I am putting too much thought into CYA here? Thanks.

jsnider22

Feb 3, 2012
    Walkersville, MD
    They should be standard finger print cards, I got mine from the dealer I bought the sbr from but they did have forms there if I remember correctly. Just make sure you tell them you need the ink cards not the electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom