SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    But, but, but the Fresh Prince pinky swore and spit shaked on it. That's what got Sen James' vote in committee.

I find it amazing that more people aren't asking the question why is the guy that has proclaimed that he is going to sue if this turd is passed is one of two experts advising the committee as they shepherd this abortion through the process and it still went through as amended?

I'm a simple guy but I don't understand why the FP and/or WaldstreiKKKer consulted with this person and cut out some of the BS but went forward with restrictions that were undoubtedly(?) conveyed to them were unconstitutional and would result in suit being filed?

If WaldstreiKKKer really believed his cosmic ******** why yield on the 100' rule of any place of public assembly? Why leave churches off the sensitive places list but keep private day care facilities (often provided in church facilities) on the list?
    Absolutely conveyed. It is all politics at this point

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I watched an hour of the video hearings.
    I never realized the stupidity of these people are until I actually listened to them talk.

They Actually had discussion on what if wind exposed your firearms? Showing a bulge under a t shirt in summer is exposeing?

Hell my wife can’nt Nit pick my bad habits to that degree lol
    In states that are CC only (like FL) what is the penalty if you are charged with printing?

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Outstanding. Let's wait until we see what is enacted. Then I will need an email with your full legal name, full work and home addresses, which "sensitive place" you can address, e.g., how often you went to X in the past and how often you will go to X in the future. Your info will be public in the complaint (no john doe plaintiffs) so consider carefully any collateral consequences of publicly being a plaintiff like impact on employment and the like.
    As a business owner I’m seeing that I can’t even make deposits at the bank because of the MoCo and now proposed statewide bans. I don’t know if it would help the greater cause, but I could be a plaintiff if needed.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    As a business owner I’m seeing that I can’t even make deposits at the bank because of the MoCo and now proposed statewide bans. I don’t know if it would help the greater cause, but I could be a plaintiff if needed.
    Thanks! Please send me an email. It’s how i keep track

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Please for the love of God stop with overtures like this folks

It came out of committee

Facebook-level legal analysis is not a language this forum should speak. There's plenty of good knowledge around here to learn how the process actually works
    I will make a stand here. Why prolong it with them gaining more land?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    IMO every senator that voted in favor of this bill either willfully voted in violation of their oath to uphold the Constitution or if they truly believe this is Constitutional they are too stupid to serve as an elected representative empowered to make laws.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I guarantee you 85% of active permit holders don't even know this bill got voted on. Most of them thinking theyre legal and not even knowing what MSI is doing for their rights or the state gov is doing to take it away.

This should be interesting...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I guarantee you 85% of active permit holders don't even know this bill got voted on. Most of them thinking theyre legal and not even knowing what MSI is doing for their rights or the state gov is doing to take it away.

This should be interesting...

I’d venture that it’s closer to 90%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    IMO every senator that voted in favor of this bill either willfully voted in violation of their oath to uphold the Constitution or if they truly believe this is Constitutional they are too stupid to serve as an elected representative empowered to make laws.
    Third option: they don't care that it's unconstitutional, and they think everyone ELSE (their constituents, and the media) are too stupid and disengaged to know better.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    But, but, but the Fresh Prince pinky swore and spit shaked on it. That's what got Sen James' vote in committee.

I find it amazing that more people aren't asking the question why is the guy that has proclaimed that he is going to sue if this turd is passed is one of two experts advising the committee as they shepherd this abortion through the process and it still went through as amended?

I'm a simple guy but I don't understand why the FP and/or WaldstreiKKKer consulted with this person and cut out some of the BS but went forward with restrictions that were undoubtedly(?) conveyed to them were unconstitutional and would result in suit being filed?

If WaldstreiKKKer really believed his cosmic ******** why yield on the 100' rule of any place of public assembly? Why leave churches off the sensitive places list but keep private day care facilities (often provided in church facilities) on the list?
    It's perplexing. They're willing to listen to 80% of what Mark says. But that last 20% they don't care even though it's been publicly stated they'll be sued. Maybe they feel as though they can justify the last 20% well enough to win who knows

AboutTime

Dec 2, 2022
    Calvert County, MD
    Sorry, I did some searching but failed: can anyone point me to a summary (in layman's terms) as to what just passed and will be forwarded to the MD Senate? I found the most recent bill listed under "Documents" on MSI's site but presume there may have been some last-minute changes(?)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's perplexing. They're willing to listen to 80% of what Mark says. But that last 20% they don't care even though it's been publicly stated they'll be sued. Maybe they feel as though they can justify the last 20% well enough to win who knows
    Some unforced errors on our side. Sen West served up a softball down the middle about the heat and summertime carry and instead of hitting it out of the park we got a look how smart I am bunt to third for a single.

Stock up on your long t-shirts for next summer.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Passing laws gives them flags they can wave during elections “I did good you should reelect me”

It doesn’t matter how crap the laws are.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Yeah, I need something to give my friends and new carry peeps so they know what restrictions are making progress. I would probably read it too :innocent0

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    Amazing what gets promoted

I forgot about that incident
    Or elected. In Carroll we have 2 newly elected Delegate with records. One has a domestic violence felony and the other 2 DUI convictions. These tools were promoted and brought along by the incumbent legislators and the firearm community. We had 2 other candidates without crimes in their backgrounds and yet we got this. And they both now serve on the House Judiciary Committee. Shameful in my opinion

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom