SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    So they allow us to get a permit. Then change the laws so we can't carry anywhere? Sorry. These laws weren't on the books when I got mine.
    Allow us to pay good money and jump thru hoops and then try this BS. You know their mantra is we want all Marylanders to feel safe; public safety is a priority etc. Well 85,000 Marylanders are permitted because that makes us feel safe.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    license.jpeg

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was born in MD... I've lived here for over 50 years... I am a natural optimist... but I have lost all hope in MD. It is the definition of a lost cause. As soon as my MIL passes on, we are going to put 6 properties up for sale and head out. My wife isn't happy, but she knows I'm serious about it. Have started looking for a waterfront property where I have enough land to shoot and no HOA (WV, NC, SC, GA are prime targets right now).
    Pssst......eastern TN. :innocent0

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    MoCo Executive Elrich is providing $800k to bolster security in response to recent antisemitism:
    The program will distribute $800,000 to local nonprofit and faith-based organizations across the county that have experienced hate crimes or are considered at high risk.

And he also states -
    This money will not get to the root cause of it. you know we can build protection and we can build barriers around things,” County Executive Elrich said. “The only way this is going to stop is if we confront it in our communities, live and in person, and take on the people who are fostering this in our communities. You cannot hide from this.”

County Executive Elrich condemned the hateful acts, saying people need to stand up against hate crimes.

Senator Waldstreicher, how exactly are people supposed to stand up against hate crimes if your SB-1/SB-118 restrictions disarm them?

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Senator Waldstreicher, how exactly are people supposed to stand up against hate crimes if your SB-1/SB-118 restrictions disarm them?
    :sarcasm: It's very clear you are supposed to go on NextDoor and "call it out". That will solve it. :sarcasm:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Baltimore- More Violence

A gunman opened fire in the west Baltimore Upton neighborhood Saturday. A woman driving with children in the car was caught in the crossfire. According to police, the 23-year-old was driving when she was shot and crashed into a pole.

Officials report, she, along with a 3-year-old, is in stable condition, while a 2-month-old boy is in critical but stable condition. Two men were also shot while standing outside. A 65-year-old lived while a 43-year-old was killed. Police do not yet know the intended target or how many shooters there were.

"We're going to continue to apply pressure to the community, because there were dozens of people out there, and someone knows who did this, and someone has to step up," Mayor Brandon Scott (D) said.

Four hours after the mass shooting, in north Baltimore, a 42-year-old man shot and killed north of Wilson park. On Sunday, family of Deonta Dorsey gathered at the Edmondson Village Shopping Center. The 16-year-old was murdered in a mass shooting there earlier this month.

THIS WAS NOT BECAUSE OF 88,000 HGP AND LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO CARRY.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSI has been notified SB1 is being changed. Stay tuned

Our work has had an effect.

We shall see

Last edited:

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Always the optimist lol

Thank you for the optimism.. I think they will just say they will compromise by allowing you to also carry in your car lol We get 3 places then; our home, our friends home (with explicit permission and semen sample) and now the road.....

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I won't teach their own playbook to them .

But I'm sure we can each think of at least three aspects of 1 that are so obviously impossible , that there are in the Bill as throwaways .

Now they'll open up with a partial fix for at least one of them , imeadately followed by " Well , we fixed * That * , are you on board to go along with the rest of it ? " Rinse/ Repeat , Rinse/ Repeat .

And then the political hardball games begin .

Sometimes the Good Guys win , and Bill dosen't pass/ is withdrawn / the final form loses 99.9% of infringement .

Sometimes not even all of the intended throwaways get struck , and the forces of evil prevail .

Rarely , it ends up +/- in the middle ( which is still ultimately our defeat , just in slower motion ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom