SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Well, that's interesting.... :facepalm:

"4 Maryland laws going into effect in July: Title IX, cannabis, firearms, students with disabilities"​

"ANNAPOLIS, Md. (DC News Now) — New legislation will take effect next month in Maryland."

"From Title IX information being provided at schools to the search and seizure of cannabis, here are a few laws going into effect on July 1."
    -----------------------------------------------------

"Prohibiting firearms in certain areas"​

"The lawprohibits someone from wearing, carrying or transporting a firearm to specific areas — such as somebody’s personal property or onto government or public areas — unless they have specified exceptions."

"The bill also states that the Secretary of State Police will no longer be able to mandate when and where people can carry their firearms."

"Anyone who violates this law could face either up to one year in jail or a fine of up to $1,000 or both.

Simply referencing some of the provisions of the law. Does not appear to be any new or previously unknown information.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll County
    WHAT A DOUCHE!!! The narrative of crime in urban areas is a false narrative... but non-fatal shootings in Baltimore have doubled.... and it is all the fault of you bible thumping, gun carrying, bitter clingers.
    Sounds like the fault of bad shot placement to me. I have no problems with thugs/criminals gunning each other down. However, when they go after innocent people (car jacking, robbery, burglary, etc…) I have a different outlook.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Sounds like the fault of bad shot placement to me. I have no problems with thugs/criminals gunning each other down. However, when they go after innocent people (car jacking, robbery, burglary, etc…) I have a different outlook.
    I was literally thinking this this morning. Teach the hoodrats how to shoot properly so they don't hit innocent bystanders.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Check out that "false narrative" in murder data
    murder.png

Here's that "false narrative" for violent crimes.
    violent crime.png

Yup... democrat run cities like baltimore are no different than anywhere else...

Sunrise

Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I've long wanted to open the nations first drive-by shooting range....
    Someone actually attempted to open a range/gun store/cafe hybrid in Downtown DC (Penn Quarter), in an area which would have effectively made it just that.... but it never got off the ground:

It would have been named " Bangin' ".

Given that name, it should have included a strip club as well.

The website is still up: https://certifiedbadass.co/bangindc

"Certified Badass"... JFC....

Of course, at the rate that Silver Spring is falling into the abyss, it's becoming one.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Hold up. Bruen said the burden of proof is on the state to show it had a historical tradition of regulation Yet this says
    “Because Sensitive Places are Presumptively Constitutional under Bruen, Plaintiffs Bear the Burden to Demonstrate that Carrying Firearms in These Locations Falls Within the Conduct Protected by the Second Amendment.”

And they’re attempting to justify their position by saying Bruen gives wide flexibility:

“Bruen Permits Significant Flexibility in Determining Whether a Particular Location is a "Sensitive Place.””

I’m pretty sure Bruen said the complete opposite and that you cannot just claim something as a sensitive place without proving it has a historical analog.

The legal gymnastics if nothing else is astounding. How you can just misstate facts to further your position? This document and it’s attorneys should be held in immediate contempt and thrown out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IIRC Bruen mentioned 5 locations that are considered sensitive.

Hardly broad from my point of view

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rocketman1953

Latest threads

Top Bottom