• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Many of these asshats are Democrats because "that's what we're supposed to be". All legislation is seen by them as "dems vs pubs" and will be voted on accordingly. The real answer is to leave MD and let the state fail. Their supporters cannot support this state long term. MD will become a bottomless money pit for the Federal government.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    Look, guys, what you saw since the 2012 election and this session (gerrymandering, SB281, gas tax, etc) is a raw exercise of power by the tyranny of the majority. We can't honestly defeat this head-on as the loyal opposition, so go DINO-mite and start irritating them from within their ranks. They'll do it to us.

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    Would a dictator operate like this. If he disarmed the population what else would be required at the expense of the Constitution and the people they are supposedly sworn to serve.

It is no longer about public service but an agenda, forcing one's will on the masses.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Jill Carter didn't vote against it, but she refused to show up to vote for it. I know it's not the same thing, but she stood on principal over the fingerprinting requirement and deserves a (qualified) measure of credit for it. Otherwise, you are dead on.

No offense but how is not voting (which you agree is the same as a yes vote), the same as standing on principle. That is a ridiculous and entertaining connection.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Meh, nothing we didn't already know.

Yep, and was discussed at length here.

If we can't make big changes in 2014 to remove these folks, then in 2016 we may not be able to stop MOM. It's important that we win both. I believe many will not run again, and await MOM presidency for cabinet positions. This train is going to be VERY hard to stop..

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    No offense but how is not voting (which you agree is the same as a yes vote), the same as standing on principle. That is a ridiculous and entertaining connection.

Meh, you can look at it the other way too. If everybody had decided not to vote, the bill would not have been passed, even without a single NO vote. I somewhat applaud her for not voting, but she probably just got a pass because she knew they didn't need her vote to pass the bill anyway.

This entire thing makes me sick.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    OP is 100% absolutely accurate. It was over even before the bill was written. Before 2013 it was over. Whenever O'Malley called in his favors it was over.

That's exactly how the sausage is made.

We can play the game better than they do, or get them out of office, or do a combination of both.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This is simply the "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it" style of legislative approach. Totally irresponsible. Criminal. Our children deserve better.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    We will need to learn from this piece of good intel.

Most of us would scoff at having to become political animals, me included, but that is part of how these games are played.

Perhaps we should have aimed some of our arguments at how this piece of legislation would hurt MOM in the future, and also how it will/would hurt some existing senators and delegates from being re-elected, or, causing them to have to put up a much tougher fight to be re-elected.

One thing is for sure, if it could affect their career and future, and their "boss's" career, they may listen a little more closely.

We had a lot of sound arguments and logic, what I'm proposing is that we expand our strategy to cover these other fronts, as well.

Registering everyone we know to vote is HUGE.

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    The Ds are most assuredly going to have a minority presidential candidate from now til eternity given the success of 2012. Does MOM and his lap dogs not understand that?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Not surprised. It was obvious on 4/2, watching them vote against every single amendment offered; particularly the off-duty police and no early-release provisions.

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    Jill Carter didn't vote against it, but she refused to show up to vote for it. I know it's not the same thing, but she stood on principal over the fingerprinting requirement and deserves a (qualified) measure of credit for it. Otherwise, you are dead on.

I respectfully disagree. The truly "principled" thing for Ms. Carter and like-minded folks to do would have been to vote against the bill, not simply fail to vote for it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    We will need to learn from this piece of good intel.

Most of us would scoff at having to become political animals, me included, but that is part of how these games are played.

Perhaps we should have aimed some of our arguments at how this piece of legislation would hurt MOM in the future, and also how it will/would hurt some existing senators and delegates from being re-elected, or, causing them to have to put up a much tougher fight to be re-elected.

One thing is for sure, if it could affect their career and future, and their "boss's" career, they may listen a little more closely.

We had a lot of sound arguments and logic, what I'm proposing is that we expand our strategy to cover these other fronts, as well.

Registering everyone we know to vote is HUGE.

Trust me, they all know it could affect their careers. Hence, the reason some of them waffled a bit and O"Malley had to whip them back into place. The AR-15 looked like it was going to be exempted until O'Malley whipped a couple of them back into the rank and file.

A couple from Howard County that voted "Yes" have now retired. They might have been retired in 2014 regardless. Then, some in more contentious districts were given a pass and allowed to vote "No" once they figured out how many votes they could spare. Those are going to be the tough ones to ferret out of this and where we are going to need some guidance.

Believe me, they know their political careers are in jeopardy, both at the state level and at the national level. I think this gun grab has awaken a lot of people throughout the nation as far as politics is concerned. I seriously doubt they will trust a prior gun grabber when he/she is running for POTUS, especially for his/her second term when he/she has carte blanche and does not fear having to run for re-election.

If O'Malley was smart, he would have bucked the trend of gun grabbing and held that out as a huge difference between he and Cuomo. Heck, even he and Obama. Cracked down on crime in other ways, but left the 2nd Amendment alone.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010

I actually don't agree that it is the same as a "yes" vote, but I'm glad you find nuance entertaining. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom