• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    If you're outside the restrictions of your permit, say you stopped at a grocery store or bar and only had permission to drive from your home, to a bank, to your business then back home. You stop somewhere outside those restrictions and you have a gun concealed on your person. If you come into contact with police or someone calls police because they see you with a gun for instance. If police finds you with that weapon on or about your person they can if they choose to arrest you and charge you for the illegal possession of a firearm, carrying a concealed deadly weapon to be exact and other firearm laws could be applied as well.

According to the law if your outside your permit boundaries, the weapon can be confiscated, your permit will be confiscated and returned to MSP (you'll never see that again) and you could be charged with a crime because at that point you're no different than some thug toting a gun.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    The reason I asked the question in the first place is because I thought it was a change I the law, if its the same basic thing ok, just was making sure.

TD

I'm sorry I'm not saying there aren't changes, they may have added additional penalties. The problem with politicians is they think they are making new laws when all they are doing for the most part is trying to reinvent the wheel and not enforcing the laws that are already on the books. It makes it look like they're doing something to earn their keep.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I've said it before, the whole restriction thing is so vague it is inherently dangerous. Some permits say while transporting certain property. I have asked LEO at state and local levels about this and gotten answers from " no you're fine" to " oh my I don't know" to " I've never seem a permit before".

Anyone have any case history on restricted permits and how they held up in court? Seems to me that if the restriction said " while transporting jellybeans" and you always had a jellybean in your car you'd be fine.

Lets hope one day soon things will get better and clear up.
    TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom