• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Well.. I picked up a new savage model 93 .17hmr the other day and tonight was supposed to be the night I would get the glass zeroed in and shoot it for the first time. I couldn't get the bolt to cock back when I tried to cycle it so I took the stock off and found that the mag release was broken off of the trigger assembly rendering it useless. Not sure how it happened but nothing like taking a brand new unfired gun out to shoot and come home with a brand new unfired broken gun. Guess I will call the dealer and savage tomorrow to see what can be done.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Damn sorry to hear that. My Savage has always been totally reliable. If you bought it new, you can have it replaced. It might have been prudent however to take it out of the box and inspect before doing the paperwork.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Damn sorry to hear that. My Savage has always been totally reliable. If you bought it new, you can have it replaced. It might have been prudent however to take it out of the box and inspect before doing the paperwork.

I handled the gun in the store but the broken piece was internal and you can't see it with the stock on the gun. Called the store and they told me to bring it in so they can fix it.. Called savage because I don't want a fixed gun that's brand new and I was on hold for the last 20 minutes waiting for them to pick up. I have a feeling this will be fun..

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    That sucks. My Savage 93R17BTVLSS trigger was surprisingly bad right out of the box and the barrel pins were jammed in the stock, causing bad out-of-the-box accuracy.

With the great experience I had with my Savage 10FLCP-K, I had really high expectations of the 17 and was pretty disappointed.

I relieved the stock for the barrel pins (that fixed the accuracy) and picked up some thicker bottom metal, and am sending the action to savagegunsmithing to have the trigger fixed.

A new rifle shouldn't need this much attention to shoot right.

My cautionary tale.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    A couple of years ago, I bought a Savage 93 in 17HMR and broke the trigger guard while tightenining up the screws. (why they would make the guard out of cheap azz plastic is another issue) Called them up to buy another and they sent it to me for free. From my experience, I think they will help you with the problem.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I called them up about a build project on a markII and they were great! they should help you. They got me all of the correct parts and even included the mounting hardware at no charge. The shipping was very fast! I had my parts in three days.

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Problem solved! Took it to the dealer I purchased from and he said "yup! its broke, I will give you your money back". Now I can just buy another one and avoid the wait of shipping back and forth to savage.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Good deal! Who's the dealer? Let's get 'em some business by spreading the good word on great customer service.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Damn, that sucks you got a busted new gun, but at least it sounds like the dealer's doing what they can to make it right.

FWIW - I also had a 93, and that was a joy from day one - wood stock, accutrigger, never gave me a reason to complain, it ran fine and shot beautifully.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Problem solved! Took it to the dealer I purchased from and he said "yup! its broke, I will give you your money back". Now I can just buy another one and avoid the wait of shipping back and forth to savage.

It is all about customer service. That is great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom