• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    About a year ago i bought 2 80 % ar lowers To mill out. As expected i mangled up the first so bad it couldn’t be saved, i then milled out the second one and altho it didn’t look great but it did go together and shoot. and i was happy with it because i milled it and built it my self.

now that maryland requires all private made firearm have a s/n engraved on them, i was able to find a blemish psa stripped lower for less then the price to have the one i made engraved. I ordered the lower.
    today i stripped the lower i built and used the parts on the psa lower i just got and cut up the lower i built in 3 sections and trash it.
    now i have an ar15 with an old school A2 stock, heavy 1-7 twist 223 barrel with a muzzle break free floated handguard. I have to find a better scope for it, the one i have on it is blurry and can’t adjust it.

another victom of maryland.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hard to beat PSA lowers for a few bucks. Makes a 80% now worth building. Just did the transfer on a PSA lower today for a beat around pistol build

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    About a year ago i bought 2 80 % ar lowers To mill out. As expected i mangled up the first so bad it couldn’t be saved, i then milled out the second one and altho it didn’t look great but it did go together and shoot. and i was happy with it because i milled it and built it my self.

now that maryland requires all private made firearm have a s/n engraved on them, i was able to find a blemish psa stripped lower for less then the price to have the one i made engraved. I ordered the lower.
    today i stripped the lower i built and used the parts on the psa lower i just got and cut up the lower i built in 3 sections and trash it.
    now i have an ar15 with an old school A2 stock, heavy 1-7 twist 223 barrel with a muzzle break free floated handguard. I have to find a better scope for it, the one i have on it is blurry and can’t adjust it.

another victom of maryland.
    You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet right?
    Id say the state victimized itself because now you know how to do a little something.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet right?
    Id say the state victimized itself because now you know how to do a little something.
    I built all my ar lowers my self from part kits. However this is the first one i milled out and built.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I built all my ar lowers my self from part kits. However this is the first one i milled out and built.
    I never milled out any lowers. Not because its not my thing or I dont know how to do it, just never did it.
    Well....... now that I think about it some more, I guess I really dont, becuase I never actually did it.
    Nothing is as ever good as it can truly be, except the one you did yourself.
    And its not the lower, its the accomplishment/confidence that really counts.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I bought 7 ar lowers when the law was going thru the changes not knowing if I could keep my 80% ones. Well they kinda finalized the rules so I had all my 80% marked to the atf rule. Lets just say I got a large discount for bringing in a bunch of stuff.

But now I have a bunch of lowers I have no clue what to do with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom