• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Saw this crossbow on sale at Sportsman's Guide:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com

Plus get $10 off $100 or more with:

COUPON0115

I bought this xbow a few years ago on a black friday whim at Dicks. While far from top of the line, I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a cheap bow of this quality to get introduced to the sport. A lot of people hunt with these as well, including myself. If you decide to hunt with it, upgrade the bolts.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My dad recently got one of these. My son built it up for him and I zero'd the scope.
    We blue loctite'd the scope base and rings.
    The scope is 4X and has the yardage lines.
    I did not shoot it more than 30 yards (so your mileage may vary). Beyond that the groups are too big to hunt with in my opinion (at least they were for me using the same 20" after market bolt each time).
    It comes with 16" bolts which I think is kind of small but keep that in mind. You can use 20" bolts but they will stick out further from the quiver.
    There is no dry fire safety. Bad that you can dry fire, but good that you can use the rope thing to decock it. It comes with the cocking rope, but compared to my compound crossbow which is 150lbs, I could not cock this one w/o the rope like I can on my compound crossbow.

Like said above, the bolts are not very good. Right out the bat, all 4 of them were shooting different POI from each other. They were bend in 4 different ways. Use one bolt only and my son and I were hitting about 2" groups at 15 yards.
    I tried my 20" wicked Ridge bolts with it and they were more consistent from bolt to bolt to bolt for sure. I have yet to try carbon bolts with it. My dad has it back now.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have one, and there is a dry-fire safety. I use the bolts it came with, have not shot it beyond 20 yards so I don't know about accuracy at distance. I got it for $125 at Dick's last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom