• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Is a S&W Model 10 Victory C&R eligible? I'm assuming it is since it was manufactured over 50 years ago? Or in Maryland is it considered a regulated firearm? tks..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well, it's regulated in MD, but if you have a C&R you can buy it from someone out of state and have it shipped to your door. (Assuming it's >50 years old, and/or on the C&R list). Or you can buy it in person, outside MD.

Within any state, you must follow the laws of the state you're in.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Bob A, thanks for the info...I just received my C&R but have not yet exercised it. I'm waiting for the big packet of info that I understand I'll be receiving that describes the rules & regs in more detail...one thing I want to make sure of is what actually qualifies as C&R...I'm looking at a S&W Victory or an Astra 600. My understanding is that the ATF does not actually keep an up-to-date listing of what is C&R eligible...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yes. You should get your MD Collector's status, too. Just to keep from getting broadsided by the 30 day req't.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The ATF list is available online, BTW.

Link:
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/index.html

Anything made more than 50 yrs ago is good to go. But your C&R is worthless in MD; anything regulated you buy within the borders of this state, even if it would otherwise qualify for C&R, has to go thru a FFL01.

Outside MD, it depends on state law. Your license is primarily for interstate transfer of C&R firearms. So you can legitimately buy your Astra or Victory from someone outside MD, so long as face-to-face transactions are legal within that state.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Thanks again...so with a valid C&R license it would seem that the way to go would be to, say purchase an Astra or Victory on Gunbroker and have it sent to my C&R's address..

..that the same handguns are regulated in MD and if bought IN MD would require an 01 FFL to handle the regulated transaction seems kind of wierd...but then that's MD for you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks again...so with a valid C&R license it would seem that the way to go would be to, say purchase an Astra or Victory on Gunbroker and have it sent to my C&R's address..

Yeah, that's what I've been doing.

Don't neglect such sources as Classic Arms, Southern Ohio Guns, Widener's and others. I bought a bunch of CZ82s, Tokarevs and so on from folks like that. Usually cheaper than Gunbroker, but not as diverse. I go to GB for stuff that I can't find elsewhere; it seems like there's been a lot of that sort of thing, over the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom