• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    First off I enjoy the S&W Victory. However I have been noticing a trend that is concerning. I came from using a WELL used Ruger Mark II with THOUSANDS of rounds in it with little issue. Wanted something new and picked up a Victory.

-First couple hundred rounds I had to tweak the ejector.
    -Weird slide lock issue where sometimes the slide seems to just be stuck. Didn't matter CCI, Winchester, Federal, Aguila, etc. I picked up a captured spring but that has been a new addition so jury is still out.
    -Lost an ejector+plunger at about 1k rounds. Went to go to the range this AM and missing the ejector+plunger again. At least I can use this as an excuse to upgrade.
    -Picked up two new mags. Kept them loaded for 2 days to keep from the heavy spring issue. Unfortunately with those two mags sometimes the slide will not go into full battery and requires me to slap it. In addition loading those mags is troublesome. Thought I was being an idiot and had someone else try. The rounds just fall pointing up half the time. Seems like they are too tight?

Really don't want to ditch it but I don't remember these issues with the well worn Ruger. Anyone else have issues?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My wife's has been fine for years of competition with mini mags, barely cleaned but kept wet...so I don't have any advice for the gun.
    For the magazine loading, get one of these:
    and only pull the follower down enough for one round at a time.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thanks Art. Yes just grabbed one of those but I usually roll it all the way down. Will try the one round at a time trick.
    Given how hard that little button on the follower is to manipulate, pushing it all the way down and dropping rounds in intuitively seems right, but I can almost guarantee going one at a time will solve that problem. You don't NEED the loader, but it makes it so much easier...you kinda need the loader. See what grip and spacing works for you. I usually press the base of the magazine against my belly and I'm guessing that I allow about a cartridge width and a half for each one.

Again, I really can't speak to the other problems. I know folks who have added all kinds of fancy new internals, but I don't think I know of any one doing it to solve an issue. They just wanted to trick it out...for the sake of tricking it out.

BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    Given how hard that little button on the follower is to manipulate, pushing it all the way down and dropping rounds in intuitively seems right, but I can almost guarantee going one at a time will solve that problem. You don't NEED the loader, but it makes it so much easier...you kinda need the loader. See what grip and spacing works for you. I usually press the base of the magazine against my belly and I'm guessing that I allow about a cartridge width and a half for each one.

Again, I really can't speak to the other problems. I know folks who have added all kinds of fancy new internals, but I don't think I know of any one doing it to solve an issue. They just wanted to trick it out...for the sake of tricking it out.
    Thank you for replying. I did load up all 5 of my mags (Three are new, I added another) and the newest I needed to open the 'lips' a tiny bit. They barely fed a round without convincing them. After that I just fed one by one without dropping the follower all the way, so far so good!

Upgrade parts come this week. Not much more than stock internals which were backordered so no brainer for me.

timkz

Oct 14, 2013
    I purchased an SW22 Victory right before the COVID BS started and it has been sitting in the box until last week. I have put over 500 rounds through it without a single jam, stove-pipe, FTE etc. Flawless with Win Super X, Federal Auto-Match, Rem golden, CCI SV etc.
    However, it will shoot a ragged hole at 25 yards from a bag with the CCI SV! That is all I'll be shooting from here on out. So far, I am very happy with the reliability, quality of finish and accuracy of the pistol.

Note: I have changed out the trigger with the Tandemkross "Victory" trigger and the included poly picatinny rail with a Volquartsen machined Aluminum rail. Put my Holosun HS503GU on top and I'm ready for bullseye target. lol

BUffaloSocks

Dec 2, 2021
    Frederick Co
    Thanks for the post. After replacing the plunger+spring+extractor, threw a new firing pin (It came with the kit), left the mags loaded for a couple days, and about 700 rounds later it is working pretty damn well. Growing pains or new gun pains possibly? The last three Steel Challenge matches I shot and 4 times at the range I had 0 issues with it. Hope it keeps up.

josnyder

Jun 14, 2022
    Maryland
    Thanks for the post. After replacing the plunger+spring+extractor, threw a new firing pin (It came with the kit), left the mags loaded for a couple days, and about 700 rounds later it is working pretty damn well. Growing pains or new gun pains possibly? The last three Steel Challenge matches I shot and 4 times at the range I had 0 issues with it. Hope it keeps up.
    That is great news. Glad you figured that one out. You are a rockstar!

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Educated the younger generation, there was another SW Victory?
    iu

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    For two generations "M&P" referred to the Model 10 revolver, a classic foundational iconic duty sidearm.

Then someone decided to revive the name for their Answer to the Glock. I'm a little sceptical, but okay.

Then they introduce a rimfire version. Okay.

Encouraged by the public's acceptance of that move, they dilute the name further by their putting it on their AR clone. Now this is getting weird, but what can you do?

Now the name has metastasized and has infected another half dozen .pistols. Formerly applied only to their double-stack pistols, their single stack Shield and 1 1/2 stack Shield Plus are now stamped with the M&P logo. Likewise their EZ line of 380s and 9mms...

Maybe they should just change their name to "M&P Arms Company. "

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom