• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I just got back from the range. Its been awhile since I have taken the 627 shooting. I also brought my Walther PPK/S, and Walther P1 along with me. I started with the Walther PPK/S .380, then the Walther P1 9mm, and finished big with the 627 (.357 and .38 Special).

100 rounds through each gun.

Wow, I forgot how much fun it is to shooting my 627, loading the 8 round cylinder vs. loading magazines is alot easier, and I noticed just how damned accurate the gun is, it shoots nice tight groups. The 627 has to be the most accurate of all my handguns, by far, the only one that comes close in accuracy is my S&W 1911. I was alternating cylinders of .357 Magnum and .38 Special.

While inspecting the targets, I quickly noticed that the .38 Special, 9mm, .380, all left jagged holes in my targets, while the .357 Magnum left holes that looked like someone had used a hole punch.:party29:

170210_01_lg.jpg

Last edited:

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    A 627PC is a really sweet gun. Mine is super accurate and has a terrific double action trigger. I also have a 5” 617 that matches the size, weight and trigger of the 627 that I use as a surrogate. It is really nice to work on the double action trigger stroke with no recoil, then switch to the .357.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom