• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I know. It’s me. But that is besides the point. I have had several other good shooters shoot it. And shot it from a rest. It’s terrible. I’m not getting rid of it , it was my first purchased pistol. Is there a recommended smith to send it to or take it to. I’m in central Baltimore county. Thank you!!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The 915 is the "economy" version of the 5904.

It's a 3rd Gen so barrels, parts and mods for the 5904 should maybe fit.

Never had an issue with my 4506, 4006 or my older 645 or 39

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I had the 457, basically the 45 version. They are economy pistols. That being said, if others are shooting it just fine, then the issue is you. Other "good" shooters is subjective. They could be bad shooters. But who knows.
    Also, shooting from a rest doesn't eliminate bad shooting mechanics. It just helps keep it level.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I had the 457, basically the 45 version. They are economy pistols. That being said, if others are shooting it just fine, then the issue is you. Other "good" shooters is subjective. They could be bad shooters. But who knows.
    Also, shooting from a rest doesn't eliminate bad shooting mechanics. It just helps keep it level.

It shoots poorly for everyone. I’m am a terrible shot with a pistol. That’s why I had others test shoot. It’s bad. I always thought it was just me. I’ll look at those other similar pistols and see if the barrels fit.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It shoots poorly for everyone. I’m am a terrible shot with a pistol. That’s why I had others test shoot. It’s bad. I always thought it was just me. I’ll look at those other similar pistols and see if the barrels fit.
    Yeah. Mine sucked. I doubt a barrel will help.
    What kind of distance were you shooting?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah. Mine sucked. I doubt a barrel will help.
    What kind of distance were you shooting?
    Even kind of close. My house is 7 yards. The one time I actually tried to measure. We were about 7-10 yards. I wish I remembered the size of the target paper. It was making my neighbor laugh like hell though.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    I have a model 59, never has shot well. It was my first as well so won't ever get rid of it but have not shot it in a few years.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    Sometimes, you just have to walk away. Money spent on a barrel and/or gunsmith services is no guarantee of any improvement. Don't get sentimental over it just because it was your first purchase. Good luck.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I have a model 59, never has shot well. It was my first as well so won't ever get rid of it but have not shot it in a few years.
    I bought a model 59 when they first came out. It was lauded as S&W's first "Wonder Nine". They were right. I always wondered why I bought it. Not the factories best effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom