• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Anyone have a Ruger max 9? Whats your thoughts on it?

i will be able to pick mine up in about 7 days.

i have a desants iwb slim tuck holster that i got new for $14 and two 10 round mags That i paid $17 each for brand new.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Anyone have a Ruger max 9? Whats your thoughts on it?

i will be able to pick mine up in about 7 days.

i have a desants iwb slim tuck holster that i got new for $14 and two 10 round mags That i paid $17 each for brand new.
    I don’t have one but looks like a great choice, are you going to install a red dot?

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    A relative has one and really likes it. Doesn't have but a box or two through it, but has gone bang every time. He was initially concerned with the magazine release being too easy to hit on a draw, but no longer has that concern.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I don’t have one but looks like a great choice, are you going to install a red dot?
    It depends i bought one from ar15 dot com classified but the guy seams to be playing games after i sent payment. If he actually ships the one i bought from him i will put a sight on it and leave the one i just bought from freds sports. Believe it or not they where actually the cheapest Around by $50

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I like most Ruger products and I'm interested in the Max 9. I have noticed some recent Ruger firearms have delicate finishes/coatings. Not ideal for something I'd carry.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    It depends i bought one from ar15 dot com classified but the guy seams to be playing games after i sent payment. If he actually ships the one i bought from him i will put a sight on it and leave the one i just bought from freds sports. Believe it or not they where actually the cheapest Around by $50
    I tried a red dot on my 43x and realized my eyes don’t work well with a red dot(astigmatism)

I have a like new Holosun 507K in the classifieds

good luck, looks like a great carry piece

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I've got the Max-9 and the LCP Max. I like it. If fits my hand well and I've never had any cycling issues. The trigger is great IMO. My only complaint is the slide release. It's really tough to release with just my thumb. However, aparently this is totally by design. On the Ruger forums, they specifically call it the slide lock, and say the proper way to release the slide after reloading is to rack the slide.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I tried a red dot on my 43x and realized my eyes don’t work well with a red dot(astigmatism)

I have a like new Holosun 507K in the classifieds

good luck, looks like a great carry piece
    I am use to hunting with my handguns and use a scope. so the red dot may not be that much of a learning curve for me.

I have to find a good used one or budget friendly way to get one.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There's a recent thread you could read while waiting your 7 days:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude