• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    Ruger mark IVs are a good pistol straight out of the box. Their triggers can be a bit on the hit and miss. You will find them to be very dependable and easy to take apart. I actually used a mark IV in competition Bullseye pistol shooting and won quite a few matches with it. I had to upgrade the trigger to a Volquartsen to do it. For the money you simply cannot go wrong with a Ruger mark IV.
    I second this opinion. Originally, I got a S&W M&P for plinking. But after moving to a Ruger Mark IV tactical 22/45 (I like this grip angle slightly better than the original), it screams premium to me. It seems well made. As you may know, shooting 22lr can get really dirty and so the ease of the disassembly was a major factor. The take down , cleaning, and reassembly is a breeze. With the S&W, I would get some FTF, but the Mark IV has been 100% reliable for me. It is a lifetime type gun that you can pass on to your children.

With an added Holosun, it is near perfect. I just need a suppressor to be like Colion Noir/ Mark IV.

Last edited:

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Just purchased this same model, did a quick clean/lube and off to the range, but it kept stovepiping (FTE). Did you have this issue? I've spent hours researching and it looks like I need to "tune" my mags.

People can say what they want about Glocks, but I've never had any trouble out of my 3 Glocks!

As a first step, I would go with ammo related before messing with tweaking magazines.

With a new semi-auto .22, I always start with mini mags. If the gun runs with those, it may be a break-in thing or ammo that was too anemic for it being brand new.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I recently picked up this new model LITE upper. Has quickly turned into my favorite.

IMG_6210.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

IMG_6305.jpeg

IMG_6355.png

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I had a MKII slab side and just this year got the MKIV stainless target. Love both, though I'd have done most anything not to fuss around with taking the MKII apart. the new one is easy, and shoots great

SavedbytheGraceofGod

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2022
    Central Maryland
    I have had a couple, but who hasn't with a 22lr. That said, I threw in an upgraded extractor (https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/811) and firing pin (https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/766). I also primarily run CCI high velocity.

9/10 times your issues are going to be ammo related. It's a semi auto 22, so ammo choice matters a lot. I've got literal buckets of Remington Thunderbolt which is constantly malfunctioning.
    Thank you for the recommendation! I was shooting Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 22 LR 40 grain plated lead round nose. Will get some cci high velocity and see if the issue stops.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Thank you! Any recommendations on ammo? I was shooting Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 22 LR 40 grain plated lead round nose.
    I shoot CCI standard velocity almost exclusively. It’s subsonic so quiet with my suppressor. It’s also stable at that speed making it extremely accurate in my rifles. It’s consistent (RARELY have any malfunction) and best of all it’s cheap.

SavedbytheGraceofGod

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2022
    Central Maryland
    I shoot CCI standard velocity almost exclusively. It’s subsonic so quiet with my suppressor. It’s also stable at that speed making it extremely accurate in my rifles. It’s consistent (RARELY have any malfunction) and best of all it’s cheap.
    I appreciate your feedback! I'm still waiting on my suppressor, so will definitely invest in some of these cartridges while I wait. Thanks!

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I recently bought the Sig P322 and put a Holosun 407k. I also picked up some 20 round mags. It now has several hundred rounds through it and is very fun to shoot. Still trying to decide the next pistol to purchase. A Victory Performance Center, Ruger 22/45 Lite, Or a Volquartsen. Knowing me I will eventually have them all. I love shooting 22lr. I really wish CZ would come out with something sweet to compete with these guys. Their rifles are the bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom