• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I went to on target today to put some rounds through my G19 and G21...while I was there I thought I'd test out a few subcompacts.

Unfortunately they didn't have a S&W Shield...but I shot a G26 and Ruger LC9.

The G26 shot as I expected it too...I'm very used to Glocks. (Trigger pull was heavy...either it hasn't been claened in 10k rounds or it has an NY1 or something)

But I was AMAZED at the trigger on the Ruger LC9. Maybe I just got a special one, I don't know. Or maybe my expectations for a trigger pull in that type of gun at that price point are too low. But I was expecting a long, gritty double action pull.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was not gritty at all, and was not too heavy. Very smooth, very nice. The reset is not as distinctive as I'd like, but I've been spoiled by the Glock reset.

If you can get past the manual safety (I'm scared my big hands will accidentally activate that safety, and I don't care to rest my thumb on top as you would in a 1911 because I'm scared it might induce a malfunction by touching the slide, not to mention its uncomfortable )and somewhat large LCI, take a strong look at the LC9 as a carry gun.

Very thin, and nice sights, too.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    That obnoxious LCI is the one and only thing that I hate about my SR9. I like the LC9, but the LCI keeps me from buying one.

MH

walstib

Jul 4, 2010
    havre de grace
    lc9

i'm gonna give the ruger lc9 anouther look i shot the pf9 (rubber band guns have a better trigger)but mainly it was so small that i had trouble pulling the trigger before i ran out of finger travel.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom