Votes: 32 54.2%
    • MK III

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Street, your wife will love either one, but I am partial to the Ruger MK lll ! I absolutely can't miss when shooting it. I don't have huge hands so this is perfect for me.

Made in the USA !!! :patriot:

Anytime you are near let me know and you and the Mrs. can take it for a ride. :thumbsup:

005.jpg

016.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The 22/45 was designed to mimic the grip angle of a 1911...

And it was designed to be a cheaper gun to shoot than a 45ACP...

BUT honestly I like all the Ruger 22's...

Mine is a 22/45 Mark ll...

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Street, your wife will love either one, but I am partial to the Ruger MK lll ! I absolutely can't miss when shooting it. I don't have huge hands so this is perfect for me.

Made in the USA !!! :patriot:

Anytime you are near let me know and you and the Mrs. can take it for a ride. :thumbsup:

Marko my friend, thanks for the offer. That MKIII looks very nice. We went for the economy model and I'm sure we'll be happy with it. I've shot the MK II's when I was active duty and really enjoyed them. With a can and subsonic ammo they are very quiet!

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Street, I've always respected your opinion, mainly because you have a great knowledge gained from experience. So I won't question it now, but my brother got the Standard model with some kind of gnarley flash suppressor and hated it after shooting the MK lll Hunter. I think the extra length of the barrel and the optics made the difference.

Whatever makes Mrs. Streetgang happy will make you happy too ! :innocent0

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIStandard/models.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIIHunter/models.html

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I didn't vote because I have a MK III 22/45 (with suppressor) and a MK III Hunter with fluted barrel. It just depends what kind of mood I'm in when deciding what to take to the range. It's nice to have options. :)

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I confess I have several MK II & MK IIIs and now a 22/45. I waited for the removable grips on the 22/45. I felt the molded in grips were too thin for me. What I also expected was for the 22/45 to feel top heavy with the steel upper receiver and plastic grip. I was wrong. It feels very nice to me. I also much prefer the 1911 grip of the 22/45 to the Luger grip of the MK II & III, but that is just a personal preference. All now have nice triggers and the MK IIIs have had the mag safety removed. I like all of them but I find when it comes time to choose what to take to the range, I usually pick the 22/45.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Neither is better than the other. Neither is more accurate than the other (all pistols shoot accurately; the person pulling the trigger introduces the variables in the equation). What matters is your intended use. For competition, a longer sight radius is easier to shoot accurately when compared to a shorter sight radius. Longer sight radius usually means bigger and heavier. If you will be carrying it, weight matters.

"I just don't like the fluted barrels - haven't seen any mark 3s with a slab side."

Here's one.

Attachments

• Ruger Mk III Competition Target pistol.jpg
      Ruger Mk III Competition Target pistol.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads