• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Not for me if it only works with the 10 round mags. I have the bolt release add-on that allows one to release the bolt by pulling it back like a regular semiautomatic, not by pushing the release button. That's nice, works with everything.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Solution looking for problem. 10/22 rifles already have a basic stop to prevent damage (peening or damaged firing pin) from dry firing. But it's not a reason to make a habit of dry firing it.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    I installed two of the Speed Beez auto-bolt releases over the weekend but I'm finding the they still need to be pushed "up" to release the bolt. Maybe they need to settle in first?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I don't like this statement in the product description "Only use CST magazines with the bolt stop. Failure to do so may result in damage and accidental discharge." If you loan your rifle and CST mags to a buddy and he forgot your warning to only use CST mags, what happens when he sticks in his own BX-25 in the magwell? :skull:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Haven't tried it personally. I love the idea of the bolt stop. Not too sure I like the idea of it only working with their magazines. I have about 20 Ruger mags and this wouldn't work with them.

I agree...the warning about only using CST magazines totally turned me off on this product.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Solution looking for problem. 10/22 rifles already have a basic stop to prevent damage (peening or damaged firing pin) from dry firing. But it's not a reason to make a habit of dry firing it.

I agree. No practical reason to buy this.

That being said - not all Ruger rimfires are safe to dry fire. I have a Ruger MK I pistol. Had to take it to a smith after one too many dry fires. Wish it had a lock open on the last round feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom