• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    great set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006OBFHM/ref=oh_details_o03_s03_i00

picked up this set of screw drivers, they are GREAT for scopes and small streight and philips. thay are cheap too. A must have in my gunsmithing box

Good looking set. We should keep this alive for new folks completing builds with some how to. No need for fancy tool benches or workshops, this is an easy area for anyone interested in working with their hands on their own arms to get into.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    IIRC, I picked up a set of Grace roll pin punches. Best investment I ever made.

Comes in handy not just for AR's, they've gotten a workout on my M&P handguns too, Apex parts don't install themselves after all.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    last friday a white pickup truck with boxes of new tools pulled in our yard kinda like the generator guys but this guy had decent stuff. i picked up a nice set for $15. they are longer than the expensive set i got from brownells (which are ok) and make it so much easier when you can use a long punch to go all the way thru the holes for aligning the bolt release and trigger/hammer. also the length helps keep you from hammering the receiver accidentally. i put 3 lowers together in record time with my new punches:)

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Roll Pin Punches are priceless. Anyone who builds AR's, or plans to, should have a set.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    You can use a $1 1/4" clevis pin to install the pivot pin detents or make your own tool out of a pencil or dowel.
    Pivot_Pin_Install_02a_zps89c316fe.jpg

Pivot_Pin_Install_07_zpsdcab048c.jpg

Pivot_Pin_Install_10_zps8d4f366f.jpg

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    might have to try that with the pin, good thinking:thumbsup:

i just use a small piece of blue 3m tape to cover the hole so you can rest the pin vertically and then with either a credit card or razor blade i push the detent down and slip the pin right in as you pull the tape away.

i just rip a small piece off of the tape thats used to cover the lower while doing the bolt release roll pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom