Text us at 301-580-1648

a0f9a0baed7ae41ff9066be2d332b50a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Him jumping on "your" deal (smiley emoji included) is what I assumed was a joke.
    Send Atlantic Guns a PM yourself.
    Poor assumption. Just scored myself a 22/45 Lite with extra mag for $425. Kudos to bert for asking for a cash discount, hadn't thought of that myself. Saved me $40. :D

Poor assumption. Just scored myself a 22/45 Lite with extra mag for $425. Kudos to bert for asking for a cash discount, hadn't thought of that myself. Saved me $40. :D

That was a MDS Douchewaffle maneuver of the highest degree. I "assumed" you posted in jest, and gave you the benefit of the doubt. We all know what happens when we assume.
    You took the phrase "shyster move" to a whole new level. (Shyster is derived from the German word scheiss, which means SHIT)
    Remind me to never do business with you or have any interactions with you either. Sadly, I believe you have no shame in your shyster moves and will do it again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

That was a MDS Douchewaffle maneuver of the highest degree. I "assumed" you posted in jest, and gave you the benefit of the doubt. We all know what happens when we assume.
    You took the phrase "shyster move" to a whole new level. (Shyster is derived from the German word scheiss, which means SHIT)
    Remind me to never do business with you or have any interactions with you either. Sadly, I believe you have no shame in your shyster moves and will do it again as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

I'm hoping Atlantic Guns gave Bertfish a few hours to follow up about his inquiry before selling to Erwos.
    Either way, Erwos pulled a serious shyster move.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Shyster moves? Dude, what I did is the equivalent of mashing CTB while other guys negotiate. I moved fast and got the deal. It is what it is, and Bert is a mature human being who gets it. I dropped EVERYTHING to get to Atlantic within 30 minutes of texting them.

(Also, worth noting is that I didn't see Atlantic's 2:30PM response until AFTER I made my 2:45PM post. Thankfully, I had cash on me.)

Now, let me clarify: if Bert had actually posted in the thread "I'll take it" and then I did what I did, yes, I'd 100% agree that was over the line. But how was I to even know Bert would be good with that price? Answer: I had no idea. I was willing to buy at $465 and texted them ASAP. I also put down my money, cash, right there and then.

There's no "holds" without commitments, and there was no commitment. There was negotiation. I made the first commitment in writing (text?). End of story.

ETA: we don't need to pollute Atlantic's thread with this. Go to the Water Cooler, start an "is erwos the *******?" thread, and we'll hash it out there. In fact, I just did it for you.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I didn't follow up. Not willing to waste the effort.

Atlantic doesn't owe me anything. They're a business.

I sell enough online to know first one with money gets the goose. No holds. Is what it is. It's benefitted and hurt me before.

I also could've taken it to PMs or called the shop.

That being said, I don't forget when someone in this community violates what I believe to be our own standards of conduct.

Shyster moves? Dude, what I did is the equivalent of mashing CTB while other guys negotiate. I moved fast and got the deal. It is what it is, and Bert is a mature human being who gets it. I dropped EVERYTHING to get to Atlantic within 30 minutes of texting them.

(Also, worth noting is that I didn't see Atlantic's 2:30PM response until AFTER I made my 2:45PM post. Thankfully, I had cash on me.)

Now, let me clarify: if Bert had actually posted in the thread "I'll take it" and then I did what I did, yes, I'd 100% agree that was over the line. But how was I to even know Bert would be good with that price? Answer: I had no idea. I was willing to buy at $465 and texted them ASAP. I also put down my money, cash, right there and then.

There's no "holds" without commitments, and there was no commitment. There was negotiation. I made the first commitment in writing (text?). End of story.

ETA: we don't need to pollute Atlantic's thread with this. Go to the Water Cooler, start an "is erwos the *******?" thread, and we'll hash it out there. In fact, I just did it for you.

Water Cooler it is...
    (Sorry Atlantic)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Public part of the forum. Anyone could have read it and responded. No one has first dibs except the guy who shows up first with the money.

It's not worth stinking up the place.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    :sad20: A bit of a D*ck move among friends, if it was on an open web site (ebay, gunbroker) might be seen differently. It the current world he who hesitates is left holding the bag. I been left in the dust by blinking and someone else got the cheese, that is way life works. Do you fault someone for making a move and benefiting from others or take the hit and move on, life is to short to carry issues around that are not that important. Next time make your move like you want it. Other deals will come along.:cool:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    You snooze, you lose. This is cut and dried.

You want it? Pay up. Otherwise, tell your story walking.

SG, with respect (and I mean that, having not met you), you seem to be on the "offended" end of these types of threads. I wonder why that's the case? There's nothing wrong, at all, with cutting someone a deal. Likewise, there's nothing wrong with negotiating in public if that's the path chosen by the market. Atlantic Guns, a business and an IP, posted information publicly upon which another member acted.

Even the "aggrieved" party has said no harm, no foul. There's nothing other than the exchange of cash for item here. If AG promised the item to someone else, and was undercut by a cash deal, then there's a problem. But that isn't what happened.

Capitalism. Love it or leave it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom