• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bill Printz was the owner of the toy train store at 3610 University Blvd W, Kensington, which was also the first home of Engage Armaments. A longtime member of the Maryland Arms Collectors Association, Bill passed on March 23rd.

He had sold firearms and militaria there as well for decades, but after Engage left for Rockville, he focused on the trains and models.

There are probably a few folks here who remember him.

RIP

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Sad to hear. My Grandfather used to take my brother and I in there to look at the trains. I remember going upstairs (I think) to look at the guns when I was just out of HS. He had a wall full of $100 SKS’s in there.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I lived on Decatur Ave, right behind the store, when I went to the academy. Fun little store, wish I had more money and a better appreciation for rifles back then.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I met him and we discussed weapons and the mans knowledge was vast. My father in law went to for trains and he helped him get the train set he wanted. Sorry to hear of his passing

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    RIP. I remember going I there occasionally as a kid. My aunt lived several streets away.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I used to work for Bill at the old gun store - pre Ted and Engage. He was an interesting guy, knew a ton about older guns and if he really liked a particular gun in the shop, he would price it to never sell, if someone asked he would just raise the price....good times.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I heard he was quite the guy as a downhill skier in his early days; got pretty busted up over time, which probably had something to do with his increasing lack of mobility.

By the time I met him, his skiing days were long past.

Drove by there today; several moving-type trucks were parked in the back lot. I always regret watching the past erode into dust and fragments of memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom