• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I use the rio 00 buckshot all the time. I buy a case (250 rounds) of them for under a 100 bucks from SGAMMO.

Never had a single problem with them.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    The guy I speak of used the RIO primers. When he had the problems he then started putting the shells in his pants pockets and they worked fine then. So yes, in this case it was the primers.

Actually it was NobelSport primers, Clay Dot powder and Claybuster wads in roughly a 1200 fps load. I have since seen the same result on one occasion with Winchester primers, so I am pretty sure that the problem lies in the powder. I never had that happen when I was using Clays powder.

At any rate, I've never had a problem with Rio factory ammo. I've been to a few shoots over the years where Rio ammo was provided to the shooters. It goes bang and breaks clays but as I recall it is a little dirty.

720Deere

Dec 6, 2009
    Yes that was me. The guy that was with me pointed this thread out to me. He had to convince me that you were talking about us that day. That was definitely a cold day!

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Pretty cool, I meet MDshooter members all over and many times don't know it till later.

You post so much your ready for a Karma right? :lol::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom