• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Krunkle

Sep 29, 2010
    http://www.vltorstore.com/a5-the-m16-a5-stock-kit/

This looks like a good option if someone wanted to go rifle length without the A2 stock. It's interesting that people in the reviews say they're using it with midlength and carbine gas systems. So I guess that even if you had a lower with an A2 stock you could slap a 16" upper on it? I don't have any experience with rifle length systems.

The vltor A5 would be nice with this BCM 20" upper. There's even a picture of them together.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-20-Rifle-Upper-Receiver-MI-p/bcm-urg-std 20 mi ss15.htm

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    I like the two I have installed. And would recommend the system.

You can also buy the buffer, spring and buffer tube separately and add the stock of you choice if you don't want to purchase the kit with stock.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I will be adding one to my BCM 20" as soon as I'm done with moving expenses. I'm using a Magpul stock on the rifle.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Funny this thread should come up... days ago I decided my lower from the May group buy will be getting the A5 setup.

I currently have a standard carbine lower, an SBR lower with VLTOR receiver extension, a ST-15 lower with A2 stock (for my M16A4 clone), now I just need the A5 to complete the picture. The upper I plan on getting for the A5 lower will likely be a Mk12 SPR type, but that's for next year. :thumbsup:

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Great minds think alike. I picked up a Vltor A5 kit at the last Timonium gun show for my MK12 build when my lower comes in from the group buy.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I'll have to check this one out. I need a stock for my Larue 18" Stealth, I've been thinking of switching from an A2 to one of the Magpul stocks - UBR, PRS or MOE rifle stock. The VLTOR one seems like a nice option.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'll have to check this one out. I need a stock for my Larue 18" Stealth, I've been thinking of switching from an A2 to one of the Magpul stocks - UBR, PRS or MOE rifle stock. The VLTOR one seems like a nice option.

I have the MagPul MOE and rifle tube if you're interested I switched to an ACS stock. Never used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom