• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It the "Who didn't see this coming?" department, we have a re-energized call for more gun control after the recent CA shootings, per this article:

And in that article is this little gem:
    even as individual states have increased their gun control measures, the conservative-leaning Supreme Court has undermined much of this progress with some of its recent decisions. Last year’s Bruen Ruling, for example, invalidated the "good cause" provision previously included in the permitting systems in six states, which allowed officials to deny firearm purchases to people who pose a known public safety risk.
    That's what some people have taken away from the Bruen decision. They actually think that people with disqualifying marks on their record can now buy a gun, because of Bruen. People are so f*cking dumb. No clue at all that Bruen is about carrying a gun for law-abiding people, not purchasing.

It should be of note that our good friend Shannon Watts is quoted in this article too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The truth no longer matters. The narrative has taken its place.
    We are so devided now that you are either for something or you are against it. There's no room for discussion.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Well, not some people. Just the usual culprits that write or publish such articles. They have hated the 2a for ever, supported all the old rulings, means end that “justified” such things.

i mean, there is no real surprise. Is there?

and let’s face it, it’s on MSN, the anti 2a site… and about Cali, who has long since done away with serious punishment for murderous , heinous crimes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Another take away from that statement, so does that mean that 44 states were already issuing permits to people who were known safety risks already?

Just loons.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Any state or jurisdiction that plea bargains away gun crimes that would disallow future ownership do allow it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    First lie:
    "even as individual states have increased their gun control measures,"
    The majority of states have been decreasing gun control measures for decades!

Overly broad statement .

Carry laws have broadly been becoming less restrictive .

Purchasing processes , and " scary looking gun " laws have been a mixed bag , including individual states going different directions on the different aspects.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Overly broad statement .

Carry laws have broadly been becoming less restrictive .

Purchasing processes , and " scary looking gun " laws have been a mixed bag , including individual states going different directions on the different aspects.
    Not any broader than the statement in the article.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We know they're stupid and ignorant , and they delibertly mangle and conflate things .

Our side trys to ( and usually are ) more accurate , and logical .

Yeah , the linked piece was terrible , and a half dozen or more angles to accurately skewer it .

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    The article is just a bunch of gobbley gook. Just overbroad and doesn't even address specifics about the mass shooting that it's supposedly in reaction to.
    It's all about "gun violence" with no explanation about the shooter.

I did see a sentence about a Federal license to be able to carry. Are they suggesting a Nationally-recognized license (reciprocity), or just another layer of bureaucracy? I'm sure its the latter but you wouldn't know based on how poorly its written.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wouldn't suprise me if we see an attempt at a National May Issue.

Bigger question I have is why isn't the gun rights movement fighting in the court of public opinion as hard as it fights in law court?

I see commercials now for anti-2a groups. Why don't I see commercials for 2A groups?

Why isn't a commercial running right now highlighting stories of people denied carry permits due to May Issue?

Why aren't commercials going out asking about school security? Or anything else? Or even correcting misinformation.

I'm afraid that the more we lose the court of public opinion, the more the law court becomes a temporary shelter. After all we saw how fast Roe went down. I'm sure an opinion is already written somewhere that holds Heller was incorrectly decided.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    How about this:

“ a country where gun ownership is widely considered a constitutionally protected right”

Widely considered? Seriously, that’s fu even for the Post.
    In relation to Bruin and the future of 2A...

[Hat tip to judge hearing NJ case]

As the Constitution was being written in Philadelphia, the writers would travel back home occasionally. So picture Thomas Jefferson riding a horse (carriage, or the like) from Philly to central Virginia. He and his entourage would be armed as they rode the trails and roadways that crisscrossed the budding new nation. They road across the each of the old colonies/future states that were becoming the United States. They would overnight at taverns, Inns and homes of friends along the multi-day journey. They would travel through the towns and cities, some we know today. Philadelphia, Annapolis, Richmond, Charlottesville, etc. (DC was still a swamp, awaiting the creatures that now inhabit much of it.)

This IS history and tradition, as lived every day by the Founding Father's. This trip as repeated in similar form by each and every signer of the Constitution, and then again when they gathered to formulate the original Amendments. 55 representatives with names like Washington, Madison, Hamilton, Mason, and Jay.

Once the 2A community polishes stories like these and gets them on record for the Courts to consider, these games being played by State Legislators will be squashed in a timely manner. We just need to get it done.

I can see the light.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Wouldn't suprise me if we see an attempt at a National May Issue.

Bigger question I have is why isn't the gun rights movement fighting in the court of public opinion as hard as it fights in law court?
    Why aren't commercials going out asking about school security? Or anything else? Or even correcting misinformation.

I'm afraid that the more we lose the court of public opinion, the more the law court becomes a temporary shelter. After all we saw how fast Roe went down. I'm sure an opinion is already written somewhere that holds Heller was incorrectly decided.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
    Because most of the media in owned by the left. They simply wouldn’t allow it. A few years back Daniel Defense was going to have an ad during the Super Bowl (it was posted somewhere on this forum) and it never saw the light of day on national tv.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Because most of the media in owned by the left. They simply wouldn’t allow it. A few years back Daniel Defense was going to have an ad during the Super Bowl (it was posted somewhere on this forum) and it never saw the light of day on national tv.

And this is why the killing of the fairness doctrine was one of the dumbest things 80s and 90s Republicans did.

Superbowl is broadcast on over-the-air tv. They should be held to the same standards that the government is, in that mass transit systems generally can't censor messages they don't like in advertising.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    The thing I think is hilarious is that liberals believe that if the SHTF the military and police agency's are going to stand with them, after all the denigrating that they have done to these institutions. The time is nigh on near friends !

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom