Revolver speed loaders who makes the best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just bought my first two revolvers in the last couple of days and I know that the little round spring loaded speed loaders are a thing but the only time I've ever handle one was as a kid that belonged to my dad. So I want to get two or three for each one of my new pistols but I don't want to buy crap. So, who makes the highest quality?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    HKS is or was the standard for law enforcement...secure and quick. For competition use there are faster speed loaders but they're larger and arguably not as secure...built for speed by highly trained shooters.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Just bought my first two revolvers in the last couple of days and I know that the little round spring loaded speed loaders are a thing but the only time I've ever handle one was as a kid that belonged to my dad. So I want to get two or three for each one of my new pistols but I don't want to buy crap. So, who makes the highest quality?
    You might want to look at speed strips if you are going to be carrying.; that's what I use.

I have speed loaders also but don't recall the brand.

Good luck!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I like Speed Beez loaders with loading blocks for range use. Get HKS for defense.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I like Speed Beez loaders with loading blocks for range use. Get HKS for defense.
    Speedbeez are the shit.

I use Bianchi speed strips when I carry a revolver as I find the hks speedloaders durable but bulky. A cell phone belt holster neatly holds the speed strips.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    moon clips > speed loaders, 38/357 revolvers can be cut for them. I do like the Speed Beez for range/comp, get the case/loading block, makes loading them up really easy. Have used HKS and Safariland in the past, but haven't carried a revolver defensively in decades.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    moon clips > speed loaders, 38/357 revolvers can be cut for them. I do like the Speed Beez for range/comp, get the case/loading block, makes loading them up really easy. Have used HKS and Safariland in the past, but haven't carried a revolver defensively in decades.
    You were reading my mind somewhat. Miculek makes reloading fast, almost as impressive as his shooting.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    The Tuff Products strips are recommended (and used) by Greg Ellifritz and Claude Werner:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is the way

Neat engineering, but it seems like it takes a little bit of fine dexterity to use.
    If I'm doing it any kind of stressed, I think I'd rather have SpeedBeez.
    Also, what happens if you pull it slightly back and not completely perpendicular to the cylinder? Will it pull rounds out?

python

Apr 15, 2010
    I've had these HKS speed loaders for a long time. Probably 50 years old. Made of anodized aluminum, and stamped "six second reload". Made for a 357 magnum "N" frame. I never use them, but they're pretty cool.

Attachments

• 20200407_104043.jpg
      20200407_104043.jpg
      126.8 KB · Views: 27

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Safariland or SL Variant.

As others have pointed out, moonclips absolutely destroy speedloaders speed-wise. They aren't so great for carry purposes, but the likelihood that you're going to bang out a reload "on the clock" in a defensive shooting with a revolver is about nil.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I've had these HKS speed loaders for a long time. Probably 50 years old. Made of anodized aluminum, and stamped "six second reload". Made for a 357 magnum "N" frame. I never use them, but they're pretty cool.

Wow !
    Actually , that's an HKS predecessor .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom