• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I have an older (28 years old now) car that needs a little help in the rust department. Nothing that is totally rotten by any means but for where the repair area is I am not sure of my welding skill to not make a mess of things. Cosmetically I am not seeking a concours level of perfection but something that looks respectable for a cruiser that gets driven every day.

I drive by the place in Oakville called "Artworks-n-motion" almost every day. Seems legitimate as they have been there for some time now.

Or someone who runs out of their garage ? Not looking a hack-n-pack job here.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    the one I am personally familiar with and high;y recommend is Shaffer Restorations, but they are in Hagerstown, a big hump for you from SoMD.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I have an older (28 years old now) car that needs a little help in the rust department. Nothing that is totally rotten by any means but for where the repair area is I am not sure of my welding skill to not make a mess of things. Cosmetically I am not seeking a concours level of perfection but something that looks respectable for a cruiser that gets driven every day.

I drive by the place in Oakville called "Artworks-n-motion" almost every day. Seems legitimate as they have been there for some time now.

Or someone who runs out of their garage ? Not looking a hack-n-pack job here.
    It’s been a year or so ago but saw the shop when I was picking up some flooring from a place all the way in the back. Looked like mostly muscle cars in the shop and outside.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I did see that in the pictures on their website. I'll call them on monday and see what they have to say, money is money last I checked.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I did see that in the pictures on their website. I'll call them on monday and see what they have to say, money is money last I checked.

*****Bring lots of money. That being said, they do very good work. Don't be in a hurry to get your vehicle back if you want a good job done though. Any place that is good will be pretty booked up at this time of year.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I saw some nice work done by art works back when they were in Mechanicsville. I would imagine they still do good work.

I can’t recommend any body in particular. Lots of back yard guys around that will do good work, just be ready to wait.

Everybody that does good work is very busy. People can’t find the new vehicle they want at the price they want. Everyone is fixing everything.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Everybody that does good work is very busy. People can’t find the new vehicle they want at the price they want. Everyone is fixing everything.

Very true. Most of my stuff is old ancient junk by now but still runs well and until some magic mileage gain can be had that does not include a electric plug in I see no reason to sign up for another payment plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom