• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    I recently obtained a used Remington 1100 and I was trying to take it apart to clean it and I couldn't get the pin (handle?) out of the bolt. I've read the manual several times, but when I get to the step where it says remove the charging handle from the bolt, it doesn't budge. I guess I could grab it with a pair of wrapped pliers and try yanking on it, but I figured I would check here first and see if I'm missing something before I screw something up.

Thanks in advance.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    If you are referring to the "Charging Handle", then YES it should just pull out.
    It is retained by a ball detent. If need be , protect the charging by wrapping a piece of paper towel around it, then pull out with pliers. :thumbsup:

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    The ball detent is probably gummed up and wont release. Lay gun on its side and put a few drops of penetrating oil (Kroil works well) and let it soak overnight. It is designed to come out by hand.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    As said above, lay it on it's side and put a couple of drops of Kano-Kroil where the operating handle disappears into the bolt.

Let it sit at least overnight.

Instead of a paper towel, use an old leather belt to 'pad' the op handle, and use pliers to remove the op handle.

I bought a used 1972 model 1100, and I had one helluva time getting the op handle out. (It hadn't been cleaned in 25 years!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom