• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Can someone clarify something for me? I have heard (cannot remember where) that one of the Delegates (no name) said that 40% of the anti-gun control letters/calls etc. he/she received were from UN-Registered Voters. If this is true we, the gun community, have a Big problem that needs to be fixed ASAP. I have just signed up to be a voter registration volunteer and will be trying to get any and all who are not registered to vote signed up.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm pretty sure it was more than one. I was talking to a delegate about SB281, and all of a sudden she stopped talking grabbed my arm and said "wait, are you registered to vote?". I said "of course", and she told me that I wouldn't believe how many of the people calling and writing against this bill were not.

Didn't get any percentage, but it is definitely a problem!

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I heard this from at least three sources. When you contact a legislatoor, they check two things.

1. Are you in their district?
    2. Are you registered? (And in which party?)

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Can someone clarify something for me? I have heard (cannot remember where) that one of the Delegates (no name) said that 40% of the anti-gun control letters/calls etc. he/she received were from UN-Registered Voters. If this is true we, the gun community, have a Big problem that needs to be fixed ASAP. I have just signed up to be a voter registration volunteer and will be trying to get any and all who are not registered to vote signed up.

Come on in, the water's fine!

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=115401

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The "fact" has been mentioned by several sources.

Also pointed out , and I'll do so again :

We have a Mr Charles William Voter . When he contacts lawmakers he probably doesn't realize that he must identify himself strictly by full legal name. Instead he uses his usual signature ; Charlie Voter , Chuck Voter , C. William Voter , C.W. Voter , Willie Voter , Bill Voter , Billy Voter , etc .

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Honestly I think some of that number is fudged.

The reason for that I believe is because they skipped the checking if they were registered in districts other than their own. I learned this pretty quick when sending emails a couple years ago, when certain legislators, who in their job represent all of Maryland, thought they only needed to hear from people in their own district, and as long as they could get away with ignoring the rest of the state, they could do whatever they wanted, since it "wasn't their voter base complaining". Especially when it came to the anti-members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least some portion of that number was made up as a way to defuse heat from us, and pretend they could keep doing what we were protesting against. Considering every other tactic they have pulled this year, it wouldn't shock me one bit if someone said one day, hey, these people aren't from your district, hell they might not even be registered to vote.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Honestly I think some of that number is fudged.

The reason for that I believe is because they skipped the checking if they were registered in districts other than their own. I learned this pretty quick when sending emails a couple years ago, when certain legislators, who in their job represent all of Maryland, thought they only needed to hear from people in their own district, and as long as they could get away with ignoring the rest of the state, they could do whatever they wanted, since it "wasn't their voter base complaining". Especially when it came to the anti-members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least some portion of that number was made up as a way to defuse heat from us, and pretend they could keep doing what we were protesting against. Considering every other tactic they have pulled this year, it wouldn't shock me one bit if someone said one day, hey, these people aren't from your district, hell they might not even be registered to vote.

Could be. We still need to push people to register and vote.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    Yep definitely. Especially more DINO's, so we can have the largest effect possible come primary season.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I heard this (about unregistered voters) going around early on. My response was to put my voter registration card in a plastic holder clipped to my shirt every time I went to Annapolis. Once I also stood it up on the table in front of me while testifying at one of the hearings. I told all the reps it was my credentials for their performance review in 2014!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom